This 747 Is a Jumbo Like No Other
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Growing up, I had a few remote control planes at different points in time, but most were flimsy and unable to maintain steady flight. Although my all-time favorite motorized aviation models reside in Hamburg, this RC 747 is one I wish I could get my hands on and try out for myself.
In this crazy aviation video, we can see exactly how this RC Boeing puts most others to shame. Why? First, it’s a scale model of the 747-400 (who doesn’t love the Queen of the Skies?) in an older Virgin Atlantic livery. Second, it’s surprisingly functional — it sports retractable landing gear, strobe lights, and 4 IQ Hammer 140 engines (which retail for a hefty $2,745 each). Nearly 20 feet long with a 19 foot wingspan, this 747 moves. The 1:13 scale model rockets away on takeoff and proceeds to make several impressive higher-altitude maneuvers. The airplane puts on quite a show at 6:20, as it buzzes the runway and the onlookers gathered to watch its flight. If you pause the video while the airplane is airborne, it’s nearly indistinguishable from its real-world counterpart.
Does anyone have a remote control plane like this incredible one?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees