This 747 Is a Jumbo Like No Other
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Growing up, I had a few remote control planes at different points in time, but most were flimsy and unable to maintain steady flight. Although my all-time favorite motorized aviation models reside in Hamburg, this RC 747 is one I wish I could get my hands on and try out for myself.
In this crazy aviation video, we can see exactly how this RC Boeing puts most others to shame. Why? First, it’s a scale model of the 747-400 (who doesn’t love the Queen of the Skies?) in an older Virgin Atlantic livery. Second, it’s surprisingly functional — it sports retractable landing gear, strobe lights, and 4 IQ Hammer 140 engines (which retail for a hefty $2,745 each). Nearly 20 feet long with a 19 foot wingspan, this 747 moves. The 1:13 scale model rockets away on takeoff and proceeds to make several impressive higher-altitude maneuvers. The airplane puts on quite a show at 6:20, as it buzzes the runway and the onlookers gathered to watch its flight. If you pause the video while the airplane is airborne, it’s nearly indistinguishable from its real-world counterpart.
Does anyone have a remote control plane like this incredible one?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.