This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways has shared renderings in a press release of planned upgrades to its flagship airport space in the USA — Terminal 7 at New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport. The airline will spend an estimated $65 Million on the updates.
“We are currently working behind-the-scenes with top architects and designers to create a beautiful new space for our customers to relax, dine and work in before they take off. The new environment at Terminal 7 is designed for our customers to enjoy a smoother, faster and more relaxed airport experience. This will involve significantly increasing the number of people we can seat for in-flight dining, re-styling the space and adding new lighting, bars and furniture,” said Abigail Comber, British Airways Head of Customer.
According to the airline, these are all the changes it’s making at JFK T7:
- An enhanced, spacious check-in area for a fast, efficient customer journey.
- An exclusive new premium check-in zone with fast-track security lane.
- Redesigned and updated lounges with more space to relax, dine, and work.
- The introduction of an authentic New York culinary experience with local food and beverage concepts to satisfy a variety of tastes.
- An immersive retail environment for duty free shopping and concessions.
- New gate seating areas with additional power outlets, designed for customer comfort and convenience.
BA has been making an effort to invest in its top customers — including a new first-class check-in area at London Heathrow (LHR) and a re-designed Club World (business class) product to roll out in 2019. In June, new catering will be introduced at the Heathrow business lounges, and breakfast service will be extended until 11am. Starting in July, fresh new linen, bigger pillows, a soft mattress topper and duvet will be introduced on board to increase passenger comfort.
However, BA has also been downgrading the economy product in some cases. Last year, it replaced the customary second meal in World Traveler (economy) on long-haul flights under 8.5 hours with a meal replacement bar. Some snacks, such as Pringles, are now available for purchase. Earlier this month, CEO Alex Cruz said BA may consider charging World Traveler passengers for meals on long-haul flights, following a “rough start” in introducing buy onboard meals on shorter flights.
Would these updates make you more likely to fly British Airways to London?
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees