This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
More post-Brexit changes are coming to British Airways. Following last month’s cuts to food service in the Club World cabin, the carrier is making more service adjustments — this time in economy. If you’re flying on a transatlantic flight under 8.5 hours between the UK and the US or Canada, you’ll no longer receive two full meals in coach. The second meal will be replaced by a snack bar — part of a revised menu that the carrier introduced last month. According to BA, passengers on longer transatlantic flights, such as those to the West Coast of the US, will still receive two full meals free of charge.
While this change means British Airways will be offering fewer meals on many of its most premium routes, it could definitely still make sense to opt to book your transatlantic flights through the airline, thanks to its generous partnership with AARP. You can currently score discounts on British Airways flights using your AARP discount through March 31, 2017 — and anyone can become a member. Passengers traveling in economy can get $65 off a round-trip ticket, with the discount increasing as you move towards the premium cabins.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.