This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
More post-Brexit changes are coming to British Airways. Following last month’s cuts to food service in the Club World cabin, the carrier is making more service adjustments — this time in economy. If you’re flying on a transatlantic flight under 8.5 hours between the UK and the US or Canada, you’ll no longer receive two full meals in coach. The second meal will be replaced by a snack bar — part of a revised menu that the carrier introduced last month. According to BA, passengers on longer transatlantic flights, such as those to the West Coast of the US, will still receive two full meals free of charge.
While this change means British Airways will be offering fewer meals on many of its most premium routes, it could definitely still make sense to opt to book your transatlantic flights through the airline, thanks to its generous partnership with AARP. You can currently score discounts on British Airways flights using your AARP discount through March 31, 2017 — and anyone can become a member. Passengers traveling in economy can get $65 off a round-trip ticket, with the discount increasing as you move towards the premium cabins.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards