This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
CLEAR is a biometric-based membership service that allows travelers to go directly to the front of the TSA PreCheck line at 22 participating airports across the country — if you’re not enrolled in PreCheck, you’ll go straight to the front of the normal TSA screening line. Now, it seems CLEAR is eager to continue its expansion, as users say they’ve received emails with invitations to invite their friends to try the service for free as part of a three-month trial period, which is much more generous than its typical one-month free trial offer.
If you received an email, you can forward to friends or family members that may be interested in trying the service. If you don’t receive an email from anyone, you can still use promo code DAYLIGHT3 when you register on CLEAR’s website. Note that the offer is only valid for new users who register by March 24. Your membership will then be automatically renewed for a 12-month period at a cost of $179.
It’s also important to note that CLEAR offers discounted membership rates to Delta SkyMiles members. General members can purchase a year-long membership for $99, while Silver, Gold and Platinum members can buy one for $79 — it’s complimentary for Diamond members.
I was able to register for the trial through the link in the email I received from another TPG team member, however there’s no place for you to enter your Delta SkyMiles information. After registering, I called CLEAR at (855)-253-2763 to give the agent my SkyMiles info with the hope that I’d be able to lock in the lower Delta SkyMiles member rate. Sure enough, after just a few questions, the agent told me my account would be renewed at the cost of $79 following the trial period because of my Silver Medallion status with the airline.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees