CLEAR Airport Security Program Is Offering a Free Two-Month Trial to New Users
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: The original three-month trial is no longer available. However, you can now get now get a free two-month trial of CLEAR by using the promo code TPG2M.
CLEAR is a biometric-based membership service that allows travelers to go directly to the front of the TSA PreCheck line at 22 participating airports across the country — if you’re not enrolled in PreCheck, you’ll go straight to the front of the normal TSA screening line. Now, it seems CLEAR is eager to continue its expansion, as users say they’ve received emails with invitations to invite their friends to try the service for free as part of a three-month trial period, which is much more generous than its typical one-month free trial offer.
If you received an email, you can forward to friends or family members that may be interested in trying the service. If you don’t receive an email from anyone, you can still use promo code DAYLIGHT3 when you register on CLEAR’s website. Note that the offer is only valid for new users who register by March 24. Your membership will then be automatically renewed for a 12-month period at a cost of $179.
It’s also important to note that CLEAR offers discounted membership rates to Delta SkyMiles members. General members can purchase a year-long membership for $99, while Silver, Gold and Platinum members can buy one for $79 — it’s complimentary for Diamond members.
I was able to register for the trial through the link in the email I received from another TPG team member, however there’s no place for you to enter your Delta SkyMiles information. After registering, I called CLEAR at (855)-253-2763 to give the agent my SkyMiles info with the hope that I’d be able to lock in the lower Delta SkyMiles member rate. Sure enough, after just a few questions, the agent told me my account would be renewed at the cost of $79 following the trial period because of my Silver Medallion status with the airline.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.