You can now book an overnight private room on Amtrak’s Northeast Regional
Amtrak on Monday announced it would add overnight sleeper rooms to its popular Northeast Regional route between Washington and Boston.
It appears that several stops between Washington and Boston are available to be booked, including Baltimore, Philadelphia and New Haven. Tickets are as low as $199 one-way.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Travelers have the option to book a Roomette, Bedroom or Accessible Bedrooms. They will also be offered complimentary Metropolitan Lounge access at Washington’s Union Station and Boston’s South Station. Travelers booking a private room will also have turndown service, a complimentary drink and continental breakfast before arriving at their destination.
“We offer a one-of-a-kind way to reach your destination that is unique to Amtrak,” said Roger Harris, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing and Revenue Officer at Amtrak.
Tickets are available now for travel starting on April 5.
Amtrak also requires face coverings, limits passenger capacity, and waives all change fees for reservations made through Mar. 31, 2021. Additionally, Amtrak is sharing how full a train will be, with a passenger volume number next to each train on the search results page.
This new update marks several passenger-friendly updates from Amtrak.
In January, the long-awaited Moynihan Train Hall in New York City officially opened to travelers following a $1.6 billion renovation and expansion project. The new train hall features a baggage claim, dedicated waiting areas and Amtrak’s new flagship Metropolitan Lounge.
And last month, Amtrak announced that it would offer customers the option to upgrade to business or first class via paid bidding. Amtrak’s new “BidUp” system allows customers to bid on upgrades with cash. But unfortunately, you can’t use Amtrak Guest Rewards points.
Learn more about Amtrak:
Featured photo by Melanie Lieberman/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees