World of Hyatt announces new all-inclusive award chart, adds 6 AMR Collection properties
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post was updated on April 8, 2022, with new information on Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta award pricing.
World of Hyatt is taking its expansion into the all-inclusive space very seriously.
Last November, Hyatt completed its acquisition of Apple Leisure Group. This acquisition includes Apple’s AMR Collection of luxury all-inclusive properties, spanning brands like Secrets, Dreams and Sunscape, among others.
Starting today, April 4, six AMR Collection properties in Cancun will become bookable with World of Hyatt points, and members can earn points on paid stays at these properties. Hyatt told TPG that the remaining 50-plus AMR Collection properties in the Americas will join Word of Hyatt on May 9, 2022, while European AMR properties will join World of Hyatt in the coming months.
In addition, Hyatt has unveiled a new award chart for all-inclusive properties. Let’s look at these changes and what they mean for Hyatt loyalists.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
6 Cancun AMR Collection properties join World of Hyatt
Six AMR Collection properties in Cancun will join World of Hyatt today. These include:
- Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort.
- Secrets The Vine Cancun.
- Dreams Natura Resort & Spa.
- Dreams Sapphire Resort & Spa.
- Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort.
- Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya.
At these properties, you can earn and redeem World of Hyatt points like you would at any other Hyatt property. The same will go for other AMR Collection properties once they are added to World of Hyatt, giving members more options for leisure travel around the globe. As mentioned, the remaining AMR Collection properties in the Americas will join World of Hyatt on May 9, while European properties will join later in the year.
Including Hyatt’s existing Ziva and Zilara brands, World of Hyatt members will soon have nine all-inclusive brands to choose from. AMR Collection brands include Secrets Resorts & Spas, Dreams Resorts & Spas, Breathless Resorts & Spas, Zoëtry Wellness & Spa Resorts, Alua Hotels & Resorts, Sunscape Resorts & Spas as well as the upcoming Vivid Hotel & Resorts. There are more than 100 AMR Collection all-inclusive properties globally.
New World of Hyatt award chart
With so many new all-inclusive properties joining World of Hyatt, the loyalty program has unveiled a new all-inclusive award chart. Previously, the program priced all Ziva and Zilara properties individually. Now, all-inclusive properties will be assigned a Category from A to F. Category A standard rooms start at 12,000 points per night on off-peak dates and Category F properties top out at 58,000 points per night on peak dates. These prices include single or double occupancy, with more guests requiring more points.
Here’s a look at Hyatt’s new all-inclusive award chart:
This new all-inclusive award chart roughly aligns with Hyatt’s standard award chart. Pricing for Category A to E all-inclusive properties is identical to Category 4 to 8 properties. However, Category F is the highest we’ve seen for any Hyatt award, with standard rates clocking in at 50,000 points per night. We hope Category F is reserved only for the highest-end AMR Collection properties.
The just-added Cancun properties will price as follows:
- Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort – Category C.
- Secrets The Vine Cancun – Category C.
- Dreams Natura Resort & Spa – Category B.
- Dreams Sapphire Resort & Spa – Category B.
- Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort – Category C.
- Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya – Category C.
All existing Ziva and Zilara properties will remain in their current pricing bands, except for one. The Ziva Puerto Vallarta previously cost 20,000 points per night on standard nights. However, it now shows as a Category C property, with rates standard nights pricing at 25,000 points.
But this won’t be the case for long. Hyatt told TPG that the Ziva Puerto Vallarta is going back to 20,000 points per night this week, joining Category B. We’re not sure the reason for the temporary switch, but we’re happy to see it go back to its old award price.
It’s great to see Hyatt’s acquisition of Apple Leisure Group move forward with the first batch of AMR Collection properties joining World of Hyatt. We’re also happy to see Hyatt keep standard award charts for all-inclusive properties, especially as other loyalty programs move toward dynamic pricing.
We’ll keep you posted as more AMR properties join World of Hyatt over the coming months, including when we have a date for European AMR properties to join the World of Hyatt portfolio.
Featured photo of the Dreams Natura Resort & Spa courtesy of Apple Leisure Group.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.