Book now, travel later: Open award availability at Ventana Big Sur throughout 2021
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There are few places in America more breathtaking than Big Sur, CA, and few properties there are as coveted as Ventana Big Sur, an Alila Resort, especially for the points and miles crowd.
Now, booking your next award stay at this Category 7 property just got easier thanks to wide-open availability in 2021 when you book three or more nights, with Standard rooms (one King bed with fireplace) starting at 30,000 points per night. Typically, it costs over $1,000 per night at this resort, giving you a phenomenal return on your World of Hyatt points.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
A quick search shows availability anywhere from February to July to October of 2021:
If you book in the coming months, make sure to check for any COVID-19 restrictions in place. Currently, the hotel’s website states that face coverings are required in hotel indoor public areas and when moving around in outdoor areas. Also, the fitness center, hot tub, spa, and Japanese baths are closed while food and bar service is limited.
The Ventana Big Sur is one of Hyatt’s top properties in North America, added as part of Hyatt’s acquisition of Two Roads Hospitality back in 2018.
As TPG’s Summer Hull wrote, this adults-only property recently transitioned to an all-inclusive model, even for those staying on points. You’ll have access to meals, hikes, a picnic program, poolside lunch, outdoor fitness classes and more. You’re also within easy striking distance of Pfeiffer State Beach and all that Big Sur has to offer.
Don’t forget that all World of Hyatt members who register and book award nights between now and Jan. 4, 2021, will get 15% of their points back and free parking. World of Hyatt Credit cardholders’ rebate is increased to 25%.
To take advantage of this offer, you’ll need to register by Dec. 1, 2020. Then simply redeem your points and you’ll get 15-25% of your points back within 6-8 weeks. Members can register here. Hyatt cardholders can register here.
If you’re looking for ways to stock up on points before you book, remember that you can transfer points at a 1:1 ratio from a card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, which currently offers a 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first three months from account opening.
The World of Hyatt Credit Card is another great alternative if you want a card with Hyatt-specific perks like elite status. The card comes with 30,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening. Plus, up to 30,000 more Bonus Points by earning 2 Bonus Points total per $1 spend on purchases that normally earn 1 Bonus Point, on up to $15,000 in the first six months of account opening. The card includes automatic Discoverist status, which gets you perks like 10% bonus points, M life Pearl status, free premium internet, space-available room upgrades, 2 p.m. checkout and more.
Feature image courtesy of Hyatt.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees