You can now earn Hyatt points and elite nights at a campsite in California
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the pandemic continuing on, many travelers are looking for outdoor adventures that maintain distance from others.
And while these trips are great for social distancing, there’s one downside for fans of loyalty programs — there are typically fewer opportunities to earn or redeem points.
But with World of Hyatt’s latest update, you now have an opportunity to earn points at a campsite in California’s famed Big Sur. Effective immediately, World of Hyatt members can now earn points and Tier-Qualifying Night credits when booking camping sites at the Ventana Big Sur.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As a Hyatt spokesperson explains,
When World of Hyatt members pay an eligible rate for camping and glamping reservations at Ventana Big Sur, they will earn 5 Base Points per every eligible U.S. dollar spent, plus standard elite tier bonuses and Tier-Qualifying Night Credits, which qualify toward earning Milestone Rewards. This officially marks World of Hyatt’s first camping and glamping accommodations that allow members to boost point earning and tier status!
The Ventana Big Sur, an Alila branded resort, is one of Hyatt’s top properties in North America. As part of Hyatt’s acquisition of Two Roads Hospitality back in 2018, the chain added the Alila portfolio (with a few other brands) into its expanding footprint.
The Ventana offers a luxurious resort experience with spacious guest rooms, delectable food and incredible views nestled in the hills along the Pacific Coast Highway. Plus, the hotel recently shifted to an all-inclusive model — all food and beverages and (most) activities are now included with paid stays and points redemptions. I recently stayed at the hotel in August and will have a review publishing soon.
But the hotel doesn’t just have traditional rooms. There’s also a separate glamping and camping site on the property. And while you’ve long been able to earn points when staying at the property’s glamping sites, camping sites were excluded until now.
You can book camping sites through all Hyatt channels. Rates hover around $80 a night before taxes and fees — which is not a bad way to pick up an elite-qualifying night!
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to redeem points for camping and glamping sites as part of this latest update, but hopefully, that’s something Hyatt will consider adding in the future. Also, note that these sites do not include access to resort amenities or the resort’s all-inclusive offerings.
Either way, this is great news for World of Hyatt members as travel takes us through all sorts of twists and turns this year. Camping is one of the best socially-distant, outdoor adventures. And now, you’ll be able to earn points and elite-qualifying nights when you stay at the Ventana Big Sur campsite.
Goodbye mattress run. Hello, sleeping bag run.
All photos by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees