You can now earn Hyatt points and elite nights at a campsite in California
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With the pandemic continuing on, many travelers are looking for outdoor adventures that maintain distance from others.
And while these trips are great for social distancing, there’s one downside for fans of loyalty programs — there are typically fewer opportunities to earn or redeem points.
But with World of Hyatt’s latest update, you now have an opportunity to earn points at a campsite in California’s famed Big Sur. Effective immediately, World of Hyatt members can now earn points and Tier-Qualifying Night credits when booking camping sites at the Ventana Big Sur.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As a Hyatt spokesperson explains,
When World of Hyatt members pay an eligible rate for camping and glamping reservations at Ventana Big Sur, they will earn 5 Base Points per every eligible U.S. dollar spent, plus standard elite tier bonuses and Tier-Qualifying Night Credits, which qualify toward earning Milestone Rewards. This officially marks World of Hyatt’s first camping and glamping accommodations that allow members to boost point earning and tier status!
The Ventana Big Sur, an Alila branded resort, is one of Hyatt’s top properties in North America. As part of Hyatt’s acquisition of Two Roads Hospitality back in 2018, the chain added the Alila portfolio (with a few other brands) into its expanding footprint.
The Ventana offers a luxurious resort experience with spacious guest rooms, delectable food and incredible views nestled in the hills along the Pacific Coast Highway. Plus, the hotel recently shifted to an all-inclusive model — all food and beverages and (most) activities are now included with paid stays and points redemptions. I recently stayed at the hotel in August and will have a review publishing soon.
But the hotel doesn’t just have traditional rooms. There’s also a separate glamping and camping site on the property. And while you’ve long been able to earn points when staying at the property’s glamping sites, camping sites were excluded until now.
You can book camping sites through all Hyatt channels. Rates hover around $80 a night before taxes and fees — which is not a bad way to pick up an elite-qualifying night!
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to redeem points for camping and glamping sites as part of this latest update, but hopefully, that’s something Hyatt will consider adding in the future. Also, note that these sites do not include access to resort amenities or the resort’s all-inclusive offerings.
Either way, this is great news for World of Hyatt members as travel takes us through all sorts of twists and turns this year. Camping is one of the best socially-distant, outdoor adventures. And now, you’ll be able to earn points and elite-qualifying nights when you stay at the Ventana Big Sur campsite.
Goodbye mattress run. Hello, sleeping bag run.
All photos by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.