World of Hyatt Adding Dozens of High-End Hotels in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Long before a merger with Marriott was finalized, we heard rumblings that Starwood might be acquired by one of its largest competitors: Hyatt Hotels. As we’re all well aware now, that potential deal never panned out, with Starwood and the beloved SPG program making its way to Marriott’s portfolio, instead.
Still, Hyatt’s continued to pursue opportunities to expand its footprint, through smaller deals, from a partnership with Miraval to an ongoing loyalty agreement with M Life. And World of Hyatt members will soon have even more great options when it comes time to earn and redeem — in one of the chain’s biggest announcements to date, Hyatt just shared plans to acquire Two Roads Hospitality, the group that manages brands such as Joie de Vivre Hotels, Thompson Hotels, Destination Hotels and Alila Hotels & Resorts, with 85+ properties in eight countries around the world.
As a New Yorker, I’m well acquainted with Thompson, which manages properties in Manhattan, including the phenomenal Beekman Hotel, along with locations in Chicago, Nashville and other North American cities. Another Two Roads brand, Destination Hotels, also offers properties I’m curious to check out, including L’Auberge de Sedona in Arizona and Stowe Mountain Lodge in Vermont.
It’s not yet clear which properties will make their way to World of Hyatt, though some members of Two Roads’ “Affiliate Hotels” group, such as Aloft Charlotte and DoubleTree Boston Bedford Glen, almost certainly won’t, since they’re members of Marriott Rewards and Hilton Honors, respectively.
In total, Hyatt expects to purchase the chain for $480 million, with the possibility of future investments as well. The deal is expected to close later this year, with properties becoming available for World of Hyatt earning and redemption in 2019.
Featured image courtesy of The Beekman Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees