Alila Ventana Big Sur goes all-inclusive
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – The World of Hyatt Credit Card
When it comes to hotel chains, we can all agree on one thing: Hyatt does all-inclusives right. Whether it’s the family-friendly Ziva properties, adult-only Zilara or high-end Miraval resorts, Hyatt takes the all-inclusive experience up a notch with great food and on-site entertainment options. Hyatt recently added another great property to its all-inclusive portfolio: The Alila Ventana Big Sur, reports One Mile at a Time.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This hotel has been part of the World of Hyatt program since 2019 and bookable for 30,000 points per night. The property has been closed since March due to the COVID-19 crisis but is set to reopen on July 15, 2020. When it does, the nightly rate (including award redemptions) will include meals, snacks, select activities and chauffeur service within a three-mile radius. Here’s a complete list of what’s included:
- Dining in-room (all meals), poolside (lunch), or at The Sur House (breakfast and dinner) — which has a new seating plan and is reserved exclusively for resort guests.
- Snacks to take on outings, along with complimentary reusable water bottles.
- Access to the resort’s Signature Experiences such as yoga, meditation, Tai Chi, and daily hikes.
- The Ventana Big Sur picnic program.
- Access to indoor and outdoor fitness studios.
- Chauffeur service within a three-mile radius.
- Access to private, reservation-only indoor and outdoor wellness studios.
- The Excursion Outpost, which offers complimentary items for use on picnics, hikes, etc.
- New outdoor lounging across the grounds.
This is a pretty generous list of offerings, especially considering how expensive staying at this property can be. Room rates regularly go for over $1,000 per night, while the award redemption rate is 30,000 points per night. Not having to worry about paying for meals and activities beyond that is even more of an incentive to stay at this resort.
Earning enough Hyatt points for a free night
If a stay at the Alila Ventana Big Sur sounds like a perfect post-pandemic retreat, you’ll be glad to know you don’t need to shell out thousands of dollars for the privilege. This property is a terrific use of 30,000 Hyatt points, which aren’t too difficult to come by.
You can transfer points at a 1:1 ratio from a card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, which currently offers a 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in the first three months from account opening.
The World of Hyatt Credit Card is another great alternative if you want a card with Hyatt-specific perks like elite status. The card comes with 25,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening. Plus another 25,000 points after $6,000 in total spending within the first six months. The card includes automatic Discoverist status, which gets you perks like 10% bonus points, M life Pearl status, free premium internet, space-available room upgrades, 2 p.m. checkout and more.
If you want to earn higher status, you’ll also get five qualifying nights toward elite status, plus two credits for every $5,000 spent on the card. Through June 30, this number is elevated to three credits for every $5,000 spent.
World of Hyatt cardholders earn 4x points at Hyatt hotels and 2x points on restaurants, direct airline ticket purchases, local transit and fitness club/gym memberships. The card’s $95 annual fee can be easily offset with the annual free night certificate, valid at any Category 1-4 Hyatt hotel. You’ll get an additional certificate for charging $15,000 on the card every cardmember anniversary.
Overall, it’s a very rewarding card and worth considering if you’re aiming for a high-end Hyatt redemption like the Ventana Big Sur.
One of the best ways to get value out of Hyatt points is to use them at high-end properties like the Ventana Big Sur. However, high-end redemptions often come with high ticket prices for on-site amenities and meals. The Ventana Big Sur’s new status as an all-inclusive property helps solve this conundrum. I for one look forward to making the 1.5-hour drive up to Big Sur, once it’s safe to do so, to check out the new offerings for myself.
Featured photo by Dave Lastovskiy via Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees