Universal Orlando Resort Increases Ticket Prices
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Less than two months ahead of the opening of its newest Harry Potter-themed attraction, the Universal Orlando Resort has quietly raised ticket prices by up to $10, depending on the type of ticket and the day of your trip. This increase was reported by Theme Park Insider, and Universal Orlando has confirmed the pricing change, though it states that it “happened some time ago”.
This takes the starting price of a one-park, one-day ticket up to $115 per day and a one-day two-park ticket to $170 per person. At Universal Orlando, you need a two-park ticket in order to ride the Hogwarts Express train between the parks.
If you want a longer trip to Universal, and can purchase tickets by June 12 (the day before the new Hagrid’s Magical Creatures ride is set to open), you can get five park-to-park days for the price of two (a little over $300 all-in). These tickets are valid until Dec. 20, 2019, but there are blackout dates for the entire month of July (you must use all five dates within one week of first use).
You can likely save a few dollars on your Universal Studios tickets of various lengths by heading to Undercover Tourist for your purchase (pay with your Chase Sapphire Reserve to earn 3 points per dollar on the travel charge via Undercover Tourist). Or, you can also use points to cover your Universal Studios theme park tickets — including Chase Ultimate Rewards points, which cannot be used for Disney World tickets. There’s also an Amex Offer on targeted accounts that provides a $100 statement credit on a $500+ Universal Orlando vacation package.
Remember, you can get included Universal Express Pass passes to minimize your family’s time in line by staying at select Universal Resorts including: Universal Studios Loews Royal Pacific, The Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. (And Lowes Portofino Bay is in the Fine Hotel & Resorts program bookable with The Platinum Card® from American Express).
If Universal Studios Orlando is on your radar, despite the recent ticket price increase, here are additional resources:
- Now is the Best Time to Buy Theme Park Tickets
- Things to Know About Hagrid’s Newest Harry Potter Ride
- Getting the Most Out of One Day at Universal Studios
- Is a Universal Studios Annual Pass Worth It
- What Happens on a $3,000 Universal Studios VIP Tour
Featured image by author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.