Universal Orlando Resort Increases Ticket Prices
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Less than two months ahead of the opening of its newest Harry Potter-themed attraction, the Universal Orlando Resort has quietly raised ticket prices by up to $10, depending on the type of ticket and the day of your trip. This increase was reported by Theme Park Insider, and Universal Orlando has confirmed the pricing change, though it states that it “happened some time ago”.
This takes the starting price of a one-park, one-day ticket up to $115 per day and a one-day two-park ticket to $170 per person. At Universal Orlando, you need a two-park ticket in order to ride the Hogwarts Express train between the parks.
If you want a longer trip to Universal, and can purchase tickets by June 12 (the day before the new Hagrid’s Magical Creatures ride is set to open), you can get five park-to-park days for the price of two (a little over $300 all-in). These tickets are valid until Dec. 20, 2019, but there are blackout dates for the entire month of July (you must use all five dates within one week of first use).
You can likely save a few dollars on your Universal Studios tickets of various lengths by heading to Undercover Tourist for your purchase (pay with your Chase Sapphire Reserve to earn 3 points per dollar on the travel charge via Undercover Tourist). Or, you can also use points to cover your Universal Studios theme park tickets — including Chase Ultimate Rewards points, which cannot be used for Disney World tickets. There’s also an Amex Offer on targeted accounts that provides a $100 statement credit on a $500+ Universal Orlando vacation package.
Remember, you can get included Universal Express Pass passes to minimize your family’s time in line by staying at select Universal Resorts including: Universal Studios Loews Royal Pacific, The Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. (And Lowes Portofino Bay is in the Fine Hotel & Resorts program bookable with The Platinum Card® from American Express).
If Universal Studios Orlando is on your radar, despite the recent ticket price increase, here are additional resources:
- Now is the Best Time to Buy Theme Park Tickets
- Things to Know About Hagrid’s Newest Harry Potter Ride
- Getting the Most Out of One Day at Universal Studios
- Is a Universal Studios Annual Pass Worth It
- What Happens on a $3,000 Universal Studios VIP Tour
Featured image by author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees