United Debuts New Spider-Man-Themed Safety Video, Amenity Kits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Well, it’s about time — United Airlines finally has a new safety video on the way. This time, the carrier teamed up with Spider-Man: Far From Home for a special themed preflight demo. Also coming for Polaris business-class passengers will be limited-edition Spider-Man themed Polaris amenity kits, which include United’s new Sunday Riley amenities.
Additionally, United’s offering up special packages through MileagePlus Exclusives, including opportunities to join various pre-release screenings or to attend the premiere in Los Angeles. It’s the latest in a year-long string of events; throughout 2018, United ran several “Exclusives” opportunities to visit the film’s set, with the possibility of a background appearance, too.
Debuting June 1, 2019, the airline’s latest preflight video will be a welcome replacement for the current version, “Safety is Global,” which has actually appeared off and on for a couple of years now:
The carrier’s latest plane, the Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner, has a starring role in the new video, though there will of course be different versions for reach aircraft type.
As I mentioned, United’s also offering up limited-edition Polaris business-class amenity kits beginning in June, stocked with “Spidey-branded comfort products.”
The amenity kits look like a high-flying Spider-Man-lover’s dream come true, and include themed socks, an eye mask, earplugs, a dental kit, tissues and a pen, along with a separate Sunday Riley pouch with a facial cleansing cloth, face cream, hand cream and lip balm (not pictured below).
Of course, preflight safety videos (or a live flight attendant demonstration) are an FAA requirement, but they also give airlines an opportunity to recognize crew members, who — in some cases — rise to stardom even among their peers.
The biggest challenge is keeping these videos up to date. It’s not uncommon for airlines to push out major updates only every few years, and frequent flyers will surely be sick of Peter Parker’s crime-fighting alter ego after sitting through Spider-Man-themed safety demos dozens or even hundreds of times.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees