United Unveils New Amenity Kits Featuring Buzzy Skincare Brand
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been nearly three years since United announced the update to its hard and soft business class product, rebranding as “Polaris.” It’s now making a big adjustment to one aspect of the soft product by rolling out new amenity kits later this month filled with products from Sunday Riley, a cult beauty brand. Sunday Riley products will be featured on board, in United Polaris lounges and at United Club locations with shower facilities.
“Sunday and her team really took the time to understand how travel and the aircraft environment affects our customers and formulated an in-flight remedy that complements their journey with United from beginning to end,” said United’s Vice President of Marketing, Mark Krolick, in a statement.
United’s current amenity kits were introduced in 2017 and created in partnership with Saks Fifth Avenue. They include skincare products from Soho House & Co’s Cowshed Spa.
Pictures reveal that not only will the contents of the kits change, but also the bags too.
There will be three different kits depending on what routes or class of services travelers find themselves in:
- United Polaris Business Class: Amenity kit will feature four Sunday Riley products: a lip balm with pomegranate seed oil and shea butter to boost hydration; a face cream with a blend of botanicals to hydrate and soothe skin in-flight; hand cream containing a blend of shea butter, cocoa butter and rose hip seed oil; and a facial cleansing cloth containing peppermint extract to balance oil and invigorate skin.
- United Premium Plus: Amenity kit will include the lip balm and hand cream.
- United Premium transcontinental: Amenity kit will include the lip balm.
If what’s in the amenity kit isn’t enough, lavatories in premium cabins will feature Sunday Riley face mist and hand cream in addition to other newly-added products, including Garment Groom 2-1 spot cleaner and a fabric freshener created by Murchison-Hume.
On the ground, United Polaris lounges, arrivals lounges and United Clubs with shower facilities will feature Sunday Riley hand wash, shampoo, body wash and moisturizer.
As part of the launch, United is offering the chance to bid miles on a round-trip flight for two in Polaris business class to London, where the winner will enjoy three nights of accommodation and a Sunday Riley spa day.
American also recently revealed new amenity kits and it’s great to see that United is doing the same. That said, the announcement isn’t likely to be a game changer for those trying to decide what premium cabin they want to fly. If you do want to try the new products, read our ultimate guide to United Polaris to see how to get on board a Polaris-equipped aircraft (even with points and miles).
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
All images courtesy of United.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees