United Unveils New Amenity Kits Featuring Buzzy Skincare Brand
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been nearly three years since United announced the update to its hard and soft business class product, rebranding as “Polaris.” It’s now making a big adjustment to one aspect of the soft product by rolling out new amenity kits later this month filled with products from Sunday Riley, a cult beauty brand. Sunday Riley products will be featured on board, in United Polaris lounges and at United Club locations with shower facilities.
“Sunday and her team really took the time to understand how travel and the aircraft environment affects our customers and formulated an in-flight remedy that complements their journey with United from beginning to end,” said United’s Vice President of Marketing, Mark Krolick, in a statement.
United’s current amenity kits were introduced in 2017 and created in partnership with Saks Fifth Avenue. They include skincare products from Soho House & Co’s Cowshed Spa.
Pictures reveal that not only will the contents of the kits change, but also the bags too.
There will be three different kits depending on what routes or class of services travelers find themselves in:
- United Polaris Business Class: Amenity kit will feature four Sunday Riley products: a lip balm with pomegranate seed oil and shea butter to boost hydration; a face cream with a blend of botanicals to hydrate and soothe skin in-flight; hand cream containing a blend of shea butter, cocoa butter and rose hip seed oil; and a facial cleansing cloth containing peppermint extract to balance oil and invigorate skin.
- United Premium Plus: Amenity kit will include the lip balm and hand cream.
- United Premium transcontinental: Amenity kit will include the lip balm.
If what’s in the amenity kit isn’t enough, lavatories in premium cabins will feature Sunday Riley face mist and hand cream in addition to other newly-added products, including Garment Groom 2-1 spot cleaner and a fabric freshener created by Murchison-Hume.
On the ground, United Polaris lounges, arrivals lounges and United Clubs with shower facilities will feature Sunday Riley hand wash, shampoo, body wash and moisturizer.
As part of the launch, United is offering the chance to bid miles on a round-trip flight for two in Polaris business class to London, where the winner will enjoy three nights of accommodation and a Sunday Riley spa day.
American also recently revealed new amenity kits and it’s great to see that United is doing the same. That said, the announcement isn’t likely to be a game changer for those trying to decide what premium cabin they want to fly. If you do want to try the new products, read our ultimate guide to United Polaris to see how to get on board a Polaris-equipped aircraft (even with points and miles).
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
All images courtesy of United.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.