Bid United Miles for a NYC Spider-Man Appearance, Classified Dinner
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking to redeem miles for something a bit different next week? United’s latest MileagePlus auction definitely ticks that box. Through 1pm ET on Tuesday, Oct. 9, the airline’s auctioning off two slots to serve as “extras” in the film Spider-Man: Far From Home.
The winner and a guest will get to spend Monday, Oct. 15 on the New York City-area set — a Sunday dinner at Newark Airport (EWR)’s Classified restaurant and an overnight stay at the Marriott Airport Liberty Hotel (worth $215 + tax at publication), plus a $100 Uber gift card to help with ground transportation are included as well.
Unlike the last auction, the winner won’t be getting a trip to London, unfortunately, and United’s not including airfare to NYC, but you’ll also be redeeming far fewer miles — just 61,000 (worth $854) as of publication time, with less than 24 hours until the auction wraps on Tuesday afternoon.
It is worth noting that just because you’re filmed as an extra doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get to appear — scenes can end up getting cut and a handful of technicalities (outlined here) could land your clip on the chopping block — but this experience is sure to be an unforgettable adventure nonetheless.
And if you do happen to hit the big screen when Spider-Man: Far From Home makes it debut on July 5, 2019, these will certainly be miles well spent.
Featured image of Newark’s Classified restaurant by Zach Honig.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees