Bid United Miles for a NYC Spider-Man Appearance, Classified Dinner
Looking to redeem miles for something a bit different next week? United’s latest MileagePlus auction definitely ticks that box. Through 1pm ET on Tuesday, Oct. 9, the airline’s auctioning off two slots to serve as “extras” in the film Spider-Man: Far From Home.
The winner and a guest will get to spend Monday, Oct. 15 on the New York City-area set — a Sunday dinner at Newark Airport (EWR)’s Classified restaurant and an overnight stay at the Marriott Airport Liberty Hotel (worth $215 + tax at publication), plus a $100 Uber gift card to help with ground transportation are included as well.
Unlike the last auction, the winner won’t be getting a trip to London, unfortunately, and United’s not including airfare to NYC, but you’ll also be redeeming far fewer miles — just 61,000 (worth $854) as of publication time, with less than 24 hours until the auction wraps on Tuesday afternoon.
It is worth noting that just because you’re filmed as an extra doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get to appear — scenes can end up getting cut and a handful of technicalities (outlined here) could land your clip on the chopping block — but this experience is sure to be an unforgettable adventure nonetheless.
And if you do happen to hit the big screen when Spider-Man: Far From Home makes it debut on July 5, 2019, these will certainly be miles well spent.
Featured image of Newark’s Classified restaurant by Zach Honig.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.