United Will Move to New York LaGuardia’s New Concourse in June
Long regarded as one of the least appealing airports in the world, New York’s aging LaGuardia (LGA) terminal buildings have been in desperate need of replacement for years.
Vice President Joe Biden even once described LGA as something you might find “in a third-world country.” But part of the airport finally completed a much-needed transformation at the end of 2018, when Terminal B’s fantastic new Eastern Concourse opened to the public with flights opened by Air Canada, American Airlines and Southwest. One notable tenant has been absent, though: United Airlines.
Now, United has shared plans to finally move its operations to the Eastern Concourse on June 2. A new United Club will open then as well, located just across from the new Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, which opened in December 2018.
While United Club access requires a day pass or membership, or a connection to a long-haul international flight (for certain customers, as detailed here), United Gold members and above can access the Air Canada lounge free of charge with a same-day Star Alliance boarding pass.
It’s possible all United flights will operate from gates 40 to 59 beginning on June 2. But, for the time being, I’d recommend checking your flight status to confirm your gate assignment before venturing over to the Eastern Concourse. If you clear security but your particular flight lags the June 2 switch-over, you may face a long walk to get back to United’s other gate area within Terminal B.
Featured photo by Max Prosperi for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.