United Will Move to New York LaGuardia’s New Concourse in June
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Long regarded as one of the least appealing airports in the world, New York’s aging LaGuardia (LGA) terminal buildings have been in desperate need of replacement for years.
Vice President Joe Biden even once described LGA as something you might find “in a third-world country.” But part of the airport finally completed a much-needed transformation at the end of 2018, when Terminal B’s fantastic new Eastern Concourse opened to the public with flights opened by Air Canada, American Airlines and Southwest. One notable tenant has been absent, though: United Airlines.
Now, United has shared plans to finally move its operations to the Eastern Concourse on June 2. A new United Club will open then as well, located just across from the new Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge, which opened in December 2018.
While United Club access requires a day pass or membership, or a connection to a long-haul international flight (for certain customers, as detailed here), United Gold members and above can access the Air Canada lounge free of charge with a same-day Star Alliance boarding pass.
It’s possible all United flights will operate from gates 40 to 59 beginning on June 2. But, for the time being, I’d recommend checking your flight status to confirm your gate assignment before venturing over to the Eastern Concourse. If you clear security but your particular flight lags the June 2 switch-over, you may face a long walk to get back to United’s other gate area within Terminal B.
Featured photo by Max Prosperi for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees