United Will Soon Fly From Washington, DC, to Tel Aviv
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Well this one really came out of left field. United Airlines just announced plans to begin nonstop service from its Dulles hub in Washington, DC (IAD) to Tel Aviv (TLV), launching May 22, 2019.
The new flight will be operated by a 777-200ER with the following schedule:
- UA72 Washington, DC (IAD) 10:30pm Departure → Tel Aviv (TLV) 4:30pm (+1) Arrival (Wed, Fri, Sun)
- UA73 Tel Aviv (TLV) 12:20am Departure → Washington, DC (IAD) 5:50am Arrival (Tues, Fri, Sun)
IAD-TLV is now available to book, with paid economy fares starting at $875 round-trip, and business class available from $3,640.
Award availability is outstanding as well — saver economy appears to be wide open on every date, and business-class saver awards are available on every flight but the May 22 inaugural.
Currently, the flight is assigned to a three-cabin 777-200ER with United’s least desirable 2-4-2 business class, but roomy 3-3-3 seating in economy.
The first-class cabin is not available to book, and hopefully the airline will shift to a retrofitted 777-200 with the new 1-2-1 Polaris seating before the inaugural in May.
Economy passengers should hope for the old arrangement, though, given that United’s retrofitted planes have 3-4-3 seating in coach.
This new route joins United’s existing Tel Aviv flights, departing twice daily from Newark (EWR) and once a day from the airline’s West Coast hub in San Francisco (SFO). United’s also planning to open a Polaris Lounge at Dulles, though a date has not yet been confirmed.
For more on United’s retrofitted 777-200, see:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees