Turkish Airlines Rolls Out New Cabin Crew Uniforms
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Turkish Airlines is rolling out brand new uniforms for its cabin crew, timed to debut at the same time as the opening of its newly built home-base Istanbul New Airport in October.
For the new outfits that come in a “deep red and anthracite grey palette,” the national flag carrier teamed up with designer Ettore Bilotta, who also previously designed a similar look for Alitalia’s flight attendants. The new designs are meant to reflect “classic elements of Turkish design and culture,” and they “incorporate traditional patterns found in artisanal glassware, ceramics and calligraphy with contemporary textures and details.”
Turkish cabin crew’s new duds encompass head-to-toe elements, including hats, gloves, dresses, bags and other additional accessories. The retro-inspired ensembles were tested for practicality by flight crews on several long-haul flights in different climates, the airline said in a statement.
In addition to the new look for its cabin crew, the 85-year-old airline said it will also have the uniforms of its cabin, cockpit, onboard chefs, and ground services “streamlined under a single design approach to offer the passengers to live a holistic brand experience.”
“When I started to design for Turkish Airlines, the first thing that inspired me was Istanbul,” Bilotta said. “This city has been a melting pot for art and civilisation for centuries and has a rare richness as a common heritage of many cultures. I wanted to bring elements from traditional calligraphy and mosaics together with the new interpretations of Turkish motifs.”
Turkish is revamping a lot this year. Not only are its cabin crew uniforms and home-base Istanbul airport getting a total relaunch, but the carrier announced earlier this week it would also equip its upcoming 787 Dreamliners and A350s with new, “high-privacy” business-class suites starting in 2019.
All images by Turkish Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees