World’s most frequent flyer hits another major milestone
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For most frequent flyers, hitting a million miles flown is a once-in-a-lifetime travel achievement. Tom Stuker has now managed to do it 22 times, all with United Airlines.
In a normal year, Stuker racks up well over a million flown miles, including frequent trips on United’s longest flights, such as Los Angeles (LAX) to Sydney (SYD) — for example, his recent jump from 20 million to 21 took less than nine months.
With COVID-19 concerns keeping him grounded earlier during the pandemic, and far fewer United flights now available to book — plus limited destinations welcoming American visitors — Stuker’s been traveling far less.
Still, far less for Stuker is more than most Americans would fly even during a busy year. During a call ahead of this week’s special flight, he told me he’s been on more than a dozen flights since our last chat in April, including three trips to Mexico, which never completely closed down to tourists.
And, this Monday, Stuker hit his next milestone, reaching the 22,000,000-mile mark on a United 787-10 Dreamliner flight from Newark (EWR) to LAX.
- Premier Gold — 1 million miles flown
- Premier Platinum — 2 million miles flown
- Premier 1K — 3 million miles flown
- Global Services — 4 million miles flown
Stuker’s now a lifetime Global Services member more than five times over, and while there aren’t any incremental benefits past that 4-million mark, United’s marked each occasion in other ways, with a Polaris Lounge party after 20 million, for example, or a custom commemorative jacket or a celebration onboard.
Featured photo courtesy of United Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees