World’s most frequent flyer hits another major milestone
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For most frequent flyers, hitting a million miles flown is a once-in-a-lifetime travel achievement. Tom Stuker has now managed to do it 22 times, all with United Airlines.
In a normal year, Stuker racks up well over a million flown miles, including frequent trips on United’s longest flights, such as Los Angeles (LAX) to Sydney (SYD) — for example, his recent jump from 20 million to 21 took less than nine months.
With COVID-19 concerns keeping him grounded earlier during the pandemic, and far fewer United flights now available to book — plus limited destinations welcoming American visitors — Stuker’s been traveling far less.
Still, far less for Stuker is more than most Americans would fly even during a busy year. During a call ahead of this week’s special flight, he told me he’s been on more than a dozen flights since our last chat in April, including three trips to Mexico, which never completely closed down to tourists.
And, this Monday, Stuker hit his next milestone, reaching the 22,000,000-mile mark on a United 787-10 Dreamliner flight from Newark (EWR) to LAX.
- Premier Gold — 1 million miles flown
- Premier Platinum — 2 million miles flown
- Premier 1K — 3 million miles flown
- Global Services — 4 million miles flown
Stuker’s now a lifetime Global Services member more than five times over, and while there aren’t any incremental benefits past that 4-million mark, United’s marked each occasion in other ways, with a Polaris Lounge party after 20 million, for example, or a custom commemorative jacket or a celebration onboard.
Featured photo courtesy of United Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.