United extends Global Services status, adds a valuable new perk
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American, Delta and United all offer special invite-only elite tiers, with exclusive perks for the airlines’ biggest spenders. While all three carriers moved quickly to extend their published tiers through early 2022, these special status levels haven’t been handled as consistently.
American was first to extend its ConciergeKey tier, back in April, followed by Delta’s 360 extension in May. United’s top customers were left anxiously waiting, however, with many reaching out to TPG after receiving unsatisfying responses from their usually accommodating contacts at the airline.
Fortunately, United has finally delivered for members of its coveted Global Services tier. All status will be extended through Jan. 31, 2022, even for customers who weren’t able to fly this year. “With this status extension, you can return to travel on your own timeline in the coming months,” United’s VP of marketing and loyalty, Luc Bondar, explained in an email to all Global Services members.
But wait, there’s more! United has decided to include lounge access for all Global Services members on all United-operated flights, including those operating exclusively within the United States. While those customers were previously able to access the lounge on most international itineraries, as can all United Gold members and above, this is definitely an exciting addition.
The new United Club benefit kicks in this coming January, though it’s important to note that this new perk only covers the member — you’ll only be able to bring a guest into the lounge with a separate United Club membership, including customers with the United Club Infinite Card, or when traveling on an international itinerary.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees