United extends Global Services status, adds a valuable new perk
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American, Delta and United all offer special invite-only elite tiers, with exclusive perks for the airlines’ biggest spenders. While all three carriers moved quickly to extend their published tiers through early 2022, these special status levels haven’t been handled as consistently.
American was first to extend its ConciergeKey tier, back in April, followed by Delta’s 360 extension in May. United’s top customers were left anxiously waiting, however, with many reaching out to TPG after receiving unsatisfying responses from their usually accommodating contacts at the airline.
Fortunately, United has finally delivered for members of its coveted Global Services tier. All status will be extended through Jan. 31, 2022, even for customers who weren’t able to fly this year. “With this status extension, you can return to travel on your own timeline in the coming months,” United’s VP of marketing and loyalty, Luc Bondar, explained in an email to all Global Services members.
But wait, there’s more! United has decided to include lounge access for all Global Services members on all United-operated flights, including those operating exclusively within the United States. While those customers were previously able to access the lounge on most international itineraries, as can all United Gold members and above, this is definitely an exciting addition.
The new United Club benefit kicks in this coming January, though it’s important to note that this new perk only covers the member — you’ll only be able to bring a guest into the lounge with a separate United Club membership, including customers with the United Club Infinite Card, or when traveling on an international itinerary.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.