Take a First Look Inside China Eastern’s Brand New A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just days after China Eastern Airlines took delivery of its first of 20 Airbus A350-900 aircraft, photos of its interior have surfaced. What’s behind the door? At first blush, it looks a heck of a lot like Delta’s A350, albeit in a different hue.
Images show what appear to be Thompson Vantage XL seats as found on South African, Qantas and RwandAir, replete with sliding doors as seen on Delta One Suites. The bulkhead row is quite unique, as the “Air Living Room” has a couple of tray tables that pop out and enable four people to sit together for meeting purposes.
It doesn’t appear that China Eastern is prescribing that front row as its own cabin, but it may end up charging extra for it given the added capabilities. It’s been dubbed a “super business” product, offering passengers access to storage lockers, AC power outlets and three point seatbelts. Per China Eastern: “The two premium business class seats in the middle row are also foldable, allowing flight crew to reshape the space into a community area that up to four people can comfortably use for a business meeting or family gathering.”
The company will receive two more A350-900 aircraft this year, with the last of the 20 aircraft scheduled to be delivered in 2022. The first A350-900 will launch its maiden flight from Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (SHA) to Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) on Tuesday. The plane will gradually be used to fly routes to “other major destinations” including Guangzhou (CAN) and Chengdu (CTU). Its international long-haul routes from Shanghai to Europe, Australia and North America will begin in Jan. 2019.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.