Take a First Look Inside China Eastern’s Brand New A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just days after China Eastern Airlines took delivery of its first of 20 Airbus A350-900 aircraft, photos of its interior have surfaced. What’s behind the door? At first blush, it looks a heck of a lot like Delta’s A350, albeit in a different hue.
Images show what appear to be Thompson Vantage XL seats as found on South African, Qantas and RwandAir, replete with sliding doors as seen on Delta One Suites. The bulkhead row is quite unique, as the “Air Living Room” has a couple of tray tables that pop out and enable four people to sit together for meeting purposes.
It doesn’t appear that China Eastern is prescribing that front row as its own cabin, but it may end up charging extra for it given the added capabilities. It’s been dubbed a “super business” product, offering passengers access to storage lockers, AC power outlets and three point seatbelts. Per China Eastern: “The two premium business class seats in the middle row are also foldable, allowing flight crew to reshape the space into a community area that up to four people can comfortably use for a business meeting or family gathering.”
The company will receive two more A350-900 aircraft this year, with the last of the 20 aircraft scheduled to be delivered in 2022. The first A350-900 will launch its maiden flight from Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (SHA) to Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK) on Tuesday. The plane will gradually be used to fly routes to “other major destinations” including Guangzhou (CAN) and Chengdu (CTU). Its international long-haul routes from Shanghai to Europe, Australia and North America will begin in Jan. 2019.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees