Step Inside a Real Hyperloop Pod With First-Class Seats and Mood Lighting
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We now have a physical concept of what the interior of a Hyperloop pod may look like. While there are a handful of companies competing to create the first commercial version of the new transportation system, Virgin Hyperloop One may be the closest.
The company, in partnership with BMW’s Designworks studio and the Roads and Transport Authority of Dubai (RTA), unveiled details of what the inside of a Hyperloop capsule could look like.
This is the first time that the public will be able to explore a potential hyperloop capsule.
Because the Hyperloop requires passengers to be seated while in motion, Designworks wanted to create a comfortable experience in a pod that will have no windows. That means touchscreens that provide control over many personal settings when seated in first class — like controlling the temperature of your chair or changing the color and power of the seat lights. The displays will have personalized entertainment loaded, too, and can control the position of your chair.
It appears that the same prototype was on display in Dubai in February.
According to the Khaleej Times, the Hyperloop will sport two classes — Gold seating five passengers and Silver seating 14. The video appears to show seats in the gold cabin in a 1-1 configuration, with the silver cabin having several rows of 2-2 seating. Both cabins have extensive mood lighting – taking a cue from some airline’s implementation of the design feature.
Virgin Hyperloop One is negotiating with the UAE to build the world’s first commercial Hyperloop system. It hopes that the capsule will reach speeds of 670 mph, ferrying passengers between Dubai and Abu Dhabi in just 12 minutes.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.