This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We now have a physical concept of what the interior of a Hyperloop pod may look like. While there are a handful of companies competing to create the first commercial version of the new transportation system, Virgin Hyperloop One may be the closest.
The company, in partnership with BMW’s Designworks studio and the Roads and Transport Authority of Dubai (RTA), unveiled details of what the inside of a Hyperloop capsule could look like.
This is the first time that the public will be able to explore a potential hyperloop capsule.
Because the Hyperloop requires passengers to be seated while in motion, Designworks wanted to create a comfortable experience in a pod that will have no windows. That means touchscreens that provide control over many personal settings when seated in first class — like controlling the temperature of your chair or changing the color and power of the seat lights. The displays will have personalized entertainment loaded, too, and can control the position of your chair.
It appears that the same prototype was on display in Dubai in February.
According to the Khaleej Times, the Hyperloop will sport two classes — Gold seating five passengers and Silver seating 14. The video appears to show seats in the gold cabin in a 1-1 configuration, with the silver cabin having several rows of 2-2 seating. Both cabins have extensive mood lighting – taking a cue from some airline’s implementation of the design feature.
Virgin Hyperloop One is negotiating with the UAE to build the world’s first commercial Hyperloop system. It hopes that the capsule will reach speeds of 670 mph, ferrying passengers between Dubai and Abu Dhabi in just 12 minutes.
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that