This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We now have a physical concept of what the interior of a Hyperloop pod may look like. While there are a handful of companies competing to create the first commercial version of the new transportation system, Virgin Hyperloop One may be the closest.
The company, in partnership with BMW’s Designworks studio and the Roads and Transport Authority of Dubai (RTA), unveiled details of what the inside of a Hyperloop capsule could look like.
This is the first time that the public will be able to explore a potential hyperloop capsule.
Because the Hyperloop requires passengers to be seated while in motion, Designworks wanted to create a comfortable experience in a pod that will have no windows. That means touchscreens that provide control over many personal settings when seated in first class — like controlling the temperature of your chair or changing the color and power of the seat lights. The displays will have personalized entertainment loaded, too, and can control the position of your chair.
It appears that the same prototype was on display in Dubai in February.
According to the Khaleej Times, the Hyperloop will sport two classes — Gold seating five passengers and Silver seating 14. The video appears to show seats in the gold cabin in a 1-1 configuration, with the silver cabin having several rows of 2-2 seating. Both cabins have extensive mood lighting – taking a cue from some airline’s implementation of the design feature.
Virgin Hyperloop One is negotiating with the UAE to build the world’s first commercial Hyperloop system. It hopes that the capsule will reach speeds of 670 mph, ferrying passengers between Dubai and Abu Dhabi in just 12 minutes.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees