Step Inside a Real Hyperloop Pod With First-Class Seats and Mood Lighting
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We now have a physical concept of what the interior of a Hyperloop pod may look like. While there are a handful of companies competing to create the first commercial version of the new transportation system, Virgin Hyperloop One may be the closest.
The company, in partnership with BMW’s Designworks studio and the Roads and Transport Authority of Dubai (RTA), unveiled details of what the inside of a Hyperloop capsule could look like.
This is the first time that the public will be able to explore a potential hyperloop capsule.
Because the Hyperloop requires passengers to be seated while in motion, Designworks wanted to create a comfortable experience in a pod that will have no windows. That means touchscreens that provide control over many personal settings when seated in first class — like controlling the temperature of your chair or changing the color and power of the seat lights. The displays will have personalized entertainment loaded, too, and can control the position of your chair.
It appears that the same prototype was on display in Dubai in February.
According to the Khaleej Times, the Hyperloop will sport two classes — Gold seating five passengers and Silver seating 14. The video appears to show seats in the gold cabin in a 1-1 configuration, with the silver cabin having several rows of 2-2 seating. Both cabins have extensive mood lighting – taking a cue from some airline’s implementation of the design feature.
Virgin Hyperloop One is negotiating with the UAE to build the world’s first commercial Hyperloop system. It hopes that the capsule will reach speeds of 670 mph, ferrying passengers between Dubai and Abu Dhabi in just 12 minutes.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees