This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Hyperloop One, the leading company when it comes to Hyperloop production, released an app today that shows what it would be like to book a ride on the high-speed system.
Hyperloop One partnered with mapping company HERE to develop the concept app, which was revealed at CES on Monday. Although it’s just a concept right now, the public can plan on seeing the app in action later this year, according to TechCrunch.
“With hyperloop, passengers will be able to plan, book, and pay for a hyperloop journey as well as other modes of transportation including public, private, and ride-shares using the application,” said Matt Jones, SVP of Software Engineering at Hyperloop One.
The app incorporates the ability to book additional transportation, such as a Lyft, and provides seamless, customizable directions to your final destination. A video shows how you can plug in your destination and choose from a series of options based on categories like “sooner, cheaper or greener.” Even cooler, it looks like you’ll be able to choose what type of hyperloop pod experience you want. For instance, a Silent Work Pod, which is described as the place to “get things done” for those who need a “calm atmosphere to think.” Jones hopes the technology will drastically minimize any amount of waiting time.
“In our transportation system that uses intelligent location data, the Portal (where you embark onto your Hyperloop Pod) already knows what time you’re going to arrive as soon as you get into your Lyft. By the time you get there, pod departures will adjust to accommodate the time that you arrive,” said Ben Ellis, Hyperloop One’s Digital User Experience Manager.
Virgin Hyperloop One’s pod recently hit speeds of 240mph and the company hopes to begin construction of a Hyperloop route in 2019. It took on the Virgin title in 2017 and named Richard Branson as its chairman last month.
Featured image courtesy of Hyperloop One / Youtube.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees