This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Hyperloop One, the leading company when it comes to Hyperloop production, released an app today that shows what it would be like to book a ride on the high-speed system.
Hyperloop One partnered with mapping company HERE to develop the concept app, which was revealed at CES on Monday. Although it’s just a concept right now, the public can plan on seeing the app in action later this year, according to TechCrunch.
“With hyperloop, passengers will be able to plan, book, and pay for a hyperloop journey as well as other modes of transportation including public, private, and ride-shares using the application,” said Matt Jones, SVP of Software Engineering at Hyperloop One.
The app incorporates the ability to book additional transportation, such as a Lyft, and provides seamless, customizable directions to your final destination. A video shows how you can plug in your destination and choose from a series of options based on categories like “sooner, cheaper or greener.” Even cooler, it looks like you’ll be able to choose what type of hyperloop pod experience you want. For instance, a Silent Work Pod, which is described as the place to “get things done” for those who need a “calm atmosphere to think.” Jones hopes the technology will drastically minimize any amount of waiting time.
“In our transportation system that uses intelligent location data, the Portal (where you embark onto your Hyperloop Pod) already knows what time you’re going to arrive as soon as you get into your Lyft. By the time you get there, pod departures will adjust to accommodate the time that you arrive,” said Ben Ellis, Hyperloop One’s Digital User Experience Manager.
Virgin Hyperloop One’s pod recently hit speeds of 240mph and the company hopes to begin construction of a Hyperloop route in 2019. It took on the Virgin title in 2017 and named Richard Branson as its chairman last month.
Featured image courtesy of Hyperloop One / Youtube.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards