This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Hyperloop One, the leading company when it comes to Hyperloop production, released an app today that shows what it would be like to book a ride on the high-speed system.
Hyperloop One partnered with mapping company HERE to develop the concept app, which was revealed at CES on Monday. Although it’s just a concept right now, the public can plan on seeing the app in action later this year, according to TechCrunch.
“With hyperloop, passengers will be able to plan, book, and pay for a hyperloop journey as well as other modes of transportation including public, private, and ride-shares using the application,” said Matt Jones, SVP of Software Engineering at Hyperloop One.
The app incorporates the ability to book additional transportation, such as a Lyft, and provides seamless, customizable directions to your final destination. A video shows how you can plug in your destination and choose from a series of options based on categories like “sooner, cheaper or greener.” Even cooler, it looks like you’ll be able to choose what type of hyperloop pod experience you want. For instance, a Silent Work Pod, which is described as the place to “get things done” for those who need a “calm atmosphere to think.” Jones hopes the technology will drastically minimize any amount of waiting time.
“In our transportation system that uses intelligent location data, the Portal (where you embark onto your Hyperloop Pod) already knows what time you’re going to arrive as soon as you get into your Lyft. By the time you get there, pod departures will adjust to accommodate the time that you arrive,” said Ben Ellis, Hyperloop One’s Digital User Experience Manager.
Virgin Hyperloop One’s pod recently hit speeds of 240mph and the company hopes to begin construction of a Hyperloop route in 2019. It took on the Virgin title in 2017 and named Richard Branson as its chairman last month.
Featured image courtesy of Hyperloop One / Youtube.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees