Start here: TPG’s first look at JetBlue’s super-posh Airbus A321neo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
2021 is shaping up to be especially exciting for JetBlue. Earlier this year, we had a chance to check out the carrier’s first Airbus A220, which offers short- and medium-haul flyers a far more comfortable ride, with wide seats in a spacious 2-3 configuration, high-res seat-back entertainment and speedy and free Wi-Fi throughout the plane.
Now, the carrier is ready to grow its family of Airbus A320 planes — the type of aircraft you’ll find on many of JetBlue’s longer and more popular flights. The airline has been working to refresh its existing A320s, adding newer seats and upgraded amenities, but this latest A321neo takes onboard amenities to an entirely new level.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Naturally, the biggest changes will impact JetBlue’s premium cabin — flyers lucky enough to score a spot there will find the airline’s latest Mint business-class suite. While a long-range version will eventually fly 24 business-class travelers across the Atlantic, this first A321neo will be used to domestic and regional flights, sporting a total of 16 Mint suites, arranged in a spacious 1-1 configuration.
The economy cabin, which the carrier more commonly refers to as “Core,” offers some notable upgrades as well. You’ll find 144 seats in this regional A321 version, arranged in a standard 3-3 configuration. Expect a seat width of 18.4 inches, a 10.1-inch 1080p screen, and both AC and USB power ports.
Ready for a closer look? We dig into the new A321neo experience in much more detail in the posts below. And be sure to bookmark this page — we’ll have plenty more to share over the next few days.
The first new Mint-equipped A321neo will begin flying passengers as early as June 2021. Read more.
Every cabin will feature two versions of the new product, with the first row offering even more personal space. Read more.
The new Mint is expected to begin flying as soon as June 2021, when it launches on the carrier’s existing route between New York-JFK and Los Angeles. Read more.
JetBlue’s new Airbus A321neo doesn’t just feature a new Mint business class — it also sports a refreshed, top-notch coach cabin. Read more.
While JetBlue’s new Mint Suites are definitely an improvement over the tried-and-true Mint 1.0, the real show-stopper is Mint Studio. Read more.
JetBlue’s latest business-class cabin is a massive improvement for everyone, except those who scored one of the four suites in the original configuration. Read more.
Thanks to speedy onboard Wi-Fi, on-demand entertainment and a fun snack bar/drink fridge, regardless of where you sit, you’re likely to enjoy your ride. Read more.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees