Start here: TPG’s first look at JetBlue’s super-posh Airbus A321neo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
2021 is shaping up to be especially exciting for JetBlue. Earlier this year, we had a chance to check out the carrier’s first Airbus A220, which offers short- and medium-haul flyers a far more comfortable ride, with wide seats in a spacious 2-3 configuration, high-res seat-back entertainment and speedy and free Wi-Fi throughout the plane.
Now, the carrier is ready to grow its family of Airbus A320 planes — the type of aircraft you’ll find on many of JetBlue’s longer and more popular flights. The airline has been working to refresh its existing A320s, adding newer seats and upgraded amenities, but this latest A321neo takes onboard amenities to an entirely new level.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Naturally, the biggest changes will impact JetBlue’s premium cabin — flyers lucky enough to score a spot there will find the airline’s latest Mint business-class suite. While a long-range version will eventually fly 24 business-class travelers across the Atlantic, this first A321neo will be used to domestic and regional flights, sporting a total of 16 Mint suites, arranged in a spacious 1-1 configuration.
The economy cabin, which the carrier more commonly refers to as “Core,” offers some notable upgrades as well. You’ll find 144 seats in this regional A321 version, arranged in a standard 3-3 configuration. Expect a seat width of 18.4 inches, a 10.1-inch 1080p screen, and both AC and USB power ports.
Ready for a closer look? We dig into the new A321neo experience in much more detail in the posts below. And be sure to bookmark this page — we’ll have plenty more to share over the next few days.
The first new Mint-equipped A321neo will begin flying passengers as early as June 2021. Read more.
Every cabin will feature two versions of the new product, with the first row offering even more personal space. Read more.
The new Mint is expected to begin flying as soon as June 2021, when it launches on the carrier’s existing route between New York-JFK and Los Angeles. Read more.
JetBlue’s new Airbus A321neo doesn’t just feature a new Mint business class — it also sports a refreshed, top-notch coach cabin. Read more.
While JetBlue’s new Mint Suites are definitely an improvement over the tried-and-true Mint 1.0, the real show-stopper is Mint Studio. Read more.
JetBlue’s latest business-class cabin is a massive improvement for everyone, except those who scored one of the four suites in the original configuration. Read more.
Thanks to speedy onboard Wi-Fi, on-demand entertainment and a fun snack bar/drink fridge, regardless of where you sit, you’re likely to enjoy your ride. Read more.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.