JetBlue just took delivery of first A321neo with new Mint biz
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re one (very important) step closer to getting to fly JetBlue’s new Mint business class! The airline just took delivery of its first Airbus A321neo with the new product, and remains on track to launch domestic service as soon as June 2021.
The first aircraft of its type, N2105J has been named “NEO Mintality.” It’s the 16th Airbus A321neo to join JetBlue’s fleet, and offers a total of 160 seats spread between two cabins.
Unlike JetBlue’s A321LR, which offers 24 Mint suites and will eventually be used to operate transatlantic flights, this first new Airbus has just 16 Mint suites — it’s what the airline is calling an “A321LD.” Both the LR and LD are A321neo models, but the latter has a slightly shorter range, and will be assigned to domestic and regional flights.
The business-class product will be largely identical across both types, with two larger Mint Studios at the bulkhead row, and Mint Suites behind — either 14 or 22, depending on the model.
This particular aircraft also offers 144 “Core” economy seats, based on the Meridian model from Rockwell Collins. It’s similar to the version found on the carrier’s latest A320 family aircraft, along with the Airbus A220, featuring a width of 18.4 inches, a 10.1-inch 1080p seat-back screen, and both AC and USB power ports.
The new Mint-equipped A321neo will also offer an updated “Pantry” snack bar, with complimentary economy snacks and a mini-fridge for grab-and-go drinks.
This first new Mint-equipped A321neo will launch the carrier’s latest business-class product on flights between New York-JFK and Los Angeles (LAX) sometime between June and early summer — the airline has yet to confirm its inaugural flight, but you better believe we’ll be on it, and sharing our experience in real-time.
Featured rendering courtesy of JetBlue.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees