The St. Regis brand will debut in Chicago next summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Marriott is poised to raise its profile in the Windy City — literally.
The St. Regis Chicago and Residences at The St. Regis Chicago are scheduled to open in a brand-new building that’s soon to be the city’s third-tallest, previously known as the Vista Tower.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Located in Chicago’s Lakeshore East neighborhood, the 101-story tower will soon be home to 191 hotel rooms, including 33 suites, and 393 St. Regis-branded residential units, according to a press release from Marriott. Those who have purchased a condominium will begin to move in as soon as next month, while the hotel is slated to open in July 2021.
And, unlike just about every other new hotel, there’s good reason to believe this St. Regis will open on time. It’s joining an existing project already under construction for years and is a rebranding of a different property — the Wanda Vista Hotel — that was originally slated to occupy the space.
Lakeshore East is known for its mix of residential and office towers, as well as its stunning views of the Chicago River, Lake Michigan, Millennium Park, Grant Park as well as the Chicago Loop (central business district) skyline.
The new hotel and residence complex will feature multiple restaurants from the city’s Michelin-star-rated Alinea Group, including one restaurant overlooking the Chicago River.
Additionally, it will offer thousands of square feet of meeting and ballroom space (for whenever we can do those kinds of things again), a fitness center, full-service spa and a pool with an outdoor terrace.
This news is welcome for Marriott loyalists who travel on business for leisure to Chicago and have points to burn. While Marriott has several luxury properties in town — including The Ritz-Carlton, two W hotels, a JW Marriott and The Gwen, a Luxury Collection Hotel — The St. Regis is sure to up the chain’s game in competing with other luxury properties in the city including the Park Hyatt Chicago, Waldorf Astoria Chicago, Conrad Chicago, Four Seasons Chicago, Peninsula Chicago and more.
There’s no word yet on pricing or Category rating for this property, but, for reference, The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago and the JW Marriott Chicago are Category 6 properties. We’ll update this story once we learn more.
Featured image courtesy of Marriott.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees