Southwest Airlines Is Ending All Flights From Newark Liberty and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know.
American Airlines is no longer the world’s largest airline, losing its title to both Delta Air Lines and United Airlines in the second quarter.
Southwest Airlines will pull out of Newark this fall, ending all flights at the New York City-area airport in November. Southwest tied the decision to the ongoing grounding of the Boeing 737 MAX.
Almost two years after a massive data breach that affected 147 million Americans, Equifax has now agreed to a “global settlement with the Federal Trade Commission, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and 50 U.S. states and territories.”
Don’t despair if you can’t find a hotel room large enough for your crew in Europe. It might actually be a blessing in disguise since you can often rent an entire condo for less than the price of a hotel room.
The new British Airways Club Suite, the airline’s first new business class since the 2006 introduction of the current and now-dated product, is coming to more US destinations beginning next January, after debuting on flights from New York JFK in October.
Here’s why Lyft remains TPG Credit Card Writer Madison Blancaflor’s favorite (and most used) rideshare app.
Boeing’s update to the venerable 777 will not fly until “early 2020,” said the company’s CEO Dennis Muilenburg. The 777-9 aircraft, which was due to fly this year, is delayed due to issues with the GE Aviation GE9X engines.
That’s right: Tom’s now completed an absolutely mind-boggling 21 million butt-in-seat miles, exclusively on paid United Airlines flights — earning lifetime Global Services status many times over.
Here is a rundown of the airline credit cards that provide discounts on inflight purchases currently available to new applicants, and how much you can expect to save with each.
On Thursday, August 8, at the Chicago Sky Deck, we will be holding a second event in which you can join us for a night of fun, food, drinks, conversation and exclusive face time with the TPG staff!
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Southwest
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees