British Airways New 777 Club Suite Coming to New York From October
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following the news that British Airways would commence refurbishment of its Boeing 777 aircraft to install its highly anticipated new Club Suite comes details of its first dedicated route.
Despite the aircraft previously operating to a range of destinations including Boston (BOS), Dubai (DXB) and Dallas (DFW), British Airways is reportedly dedicating the refurbished product to the following flights from Oct. 27, 2019:
- BA177 London Heathrow (LHR) 1:00pm Departure → New York (JFK) 5:10pm Arrival
- BA174 New York (JFK) 7:50pm Departure → London Heathrow (LHR) 6:50am Arrival (+1 day)
The seat map for these flights is showing the new 1-2-1 Club Suite in business class with direct aisle access and sliding doors, which should be a huge improvement to the current product.
The seat map also shows a refurbished first class cabin, which will reduce the total number of seats down from 14 to only eight, which may see less Avios availability in first class.
The refurbished product appears on these flights for most days between Oct. 27 and early March 2020, where it then reverts back to an un-refurbished product with the previous-generation product. Note that these schedules remain highly subject to change, so keep your eye on the seat maps on these routes if you are keen to try the new product.
There is some Avios availability for this product — you will be looking at 50,000 Avios one-way in business class for an off-peak date, and 60,000 Avios one-way for a peak date.
As previously suggested, British Airways appears to be dedicating the new product to one route following rival Virgin Atlantic’s decision to do so with its new Upper Class suite product on its first Airbus A350.
Featured image by British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees