Meet the TPG Team at Our ‘PointsCon’ Event in Chicago
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you can’t make our reader event at The Museum of Flight in Seattle on July 30, we have some good news for you. On Thursday, August 8, at the Chicago Sky Deck, we will be holding a second event in which you can join us for a night of fun, food, drinks, conversation and exclusive facetime with the TPG staff!
As we’ve mentioned before, TPG would be nothing without our close relationship with our readers. Engaging with all of you on social media, Instagram, Twitter and our TPG Lounge Facebook group is what motivates us to continue to do what we do.
The idea behind this reader event was to make it like a mini-points and miles convention. So, between 7pm and 9pm, readers can expect a full spate of points and miles activities, including a rapid Q&A session with our Loyalty and Engagement Editor Richard Kerr and a travel chat with Editor-at-Large Zach Honig and Points, Miles and Deals Reporter Vikkie Walker. This will all take place on the scenic 99th floor of the former Sears Tower, so you can take in the views of the stunning Chicago skyline while absorbing all that new points and miles knowledge.
RSVP-ing to our latest reader event is simple. All you have to do is donate at least $100 to our most recent Prizeo campaign, which centers around a great non-profit organization, Rainbow Railroad. Since its founding in 2006, Rainbow Railroad has been dedicated to the mission of helping LGBTQ+ people living under oppressive governments escape to a safe place. So far, it has been able to help more than 600 people travel to safety but still has over 1,300 requests for help. You can show your support by donating here.
After donating $100, you (with a plus one!) will gain access to the event. Plus, you’ll also earn 1,000 entries towards winning our grand prize for our Prizeo sweepstakes — the trip of a lifetime planned by TPG himself, Brian Kelly, using up to 1 million Chase Ultimate Rewards points!
So what are you waiting for? Donate to our Prizeo to redeem your ticket to our reader event here. We can’t wait to see you there!
Note: Brian Kelly will not be at this event.
Featured image by Rudy Balasko via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.