5 More US Destinations to Get British Airways’ New Club Suite Biz Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The new British Airways Club Suite, the airline’s first new business class since the 2006 introduction of the current and now-dated product, is coming to more US destinations beginning next January, after debuting on flights from New York JFK in October.
The first Boeing 777s refurbished with the new Suites will begin flying from JFK to London Heathrow on October 27, according to schedules shared by British Airways. Then, according to a list of routes published by British, the 777s with the updated Club Suites will begin serving Seattle on January 2. Chicago will follow on January 28, Boston on February 2 and Philadelphia on March 11. Newark will be served with a one-time flight on January 21.
2 January — Seattle (SEA)
14 January — Nairobi (NBO)
28 January — Chicago (ORD)
30 January — Abuja (ABV)
30 January — Tel Aviv (TLV)
1 February — Kuwait City (KWI)
2 February — Boston (BOS)
20 February — Jeddah (JED)
11 March — Philadelphia (PHL)
The following routes are initially scheduled to be operated just once (twice in the case of Dammam) by the aircraft:
8 & 10 January — Dammam (DMM) and Bahrain (BAH)
21 January — Newark, New York (EWR)
13 February — Dubai (DXB)
The refurbished 777s are not doing away with first class, despite the introduction of a business cabin that is arguably better in some respects. The first-class cabin on the refurbished jets will be smaller than today, though, with eight seats instead of 14, and it will feature the airline’s updated soft product.
Where first class does not appear instead is on the new Airbus A350 that will become the first plane in service with the new Club Suites. The A350s will begin short-haul flights in Europe for crew familiarization before serving Dubai in September and Toronto in October.
TPG reached out to BA for clarification on how frequently the above routes will operate and for how long but did not hear back by time of publication. It’s worth noting that the above routes are highly subject to change. If you’re planning to check out one of the above routes in the hope of flying the retrofitted 777, it’ll be worth booking a flexible ticket in case the aircraft is swapped.
This latest update surrounding the highly anticipated Club Suite comes after last week’s announcement that BA had moved up the date of the A350’s inaugural long-haul flight by a month. It also follows the news that the Club Suite would be going in direct competition with Virgin Atlantic’s new Upper Class suite on the crucial New York to London route.
Featured photo by Nick Morrish/British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.