5 More US Destinations to Get British Airways’ New Club Suite Biz Class
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The new British Airways Club Suite, the airline’s first new business class since the 2006 introduction of the current and now-dated product, is coming to more US destinations beginning next January, after debuting on flights from New York JFK in October.
The first Boeing 777s refurbished with the new Suites will begin flying from JFK to London Heathrow on October 27, according to schedules shared by British Airways. Then, according to a list of routes published by British, the 777s with the updated Club Suites will begin serving Seattle on January 2. Chicago will follow on January 28, Boston on February 2 and Philadelphia on March 11. Newark will be served with a one-time flight on January 21.
2 January — Seattle (SEA)
14 January — Nairobi (NBO)
28 January — Chicago (ORD)
30 January — Abuja (ABV)
30 January — Tel Aviv (TLV)
1 February — Kuwait City (KWI)
2 February — Boston (BOS)
20 February — Jeddah (JED)
11 March — Philadelphia (PHL)
The following routes are initially scheduled to be operated just once (twice in the case of Dammam) by the aircraft:
8 & 10 January — Dammam (DMM) and Bahrain (BAH)
21 January — Newark, New York (EWR)
13 February — Dubai (DXB)
The refurbished 777s are not doing away with first class, despite the introduction of a business cabin that is arguably better in some respects. The first-class cabin on the refurbished jets will be smaller than today, though, with eight seats instead of 14, and it will feature the airline’s updated soft product.
Where first class does not appear instead is on the new Airbus A350 that will become the first plane in service with the new Club Suites. The A350s will begin short-haul flights in Europe for crew familiarization before serving Dubai in September and Toronto in October.
TPG reached out to BA for clarification on how frequently the above routes will operate and for how long but did not hear back by time of publication. It’s worth noting that the above routes are highly subject to change. If you’re planning to check out one of the above routes in the hope of flying the retrofitted 777, it’ll be worth booking a flexible ticket in case the aircraft is swapped.
This latest update surrounding the highly anticipated Club Suite comes after last week’s announcement that BA had moved up the date of the A350’s inaugural long-haul flight by a month. It also follows the news that the Club Suite would be going in direct competition with Virgin Atlantic’s new Upper Class suite on the crucial New York to London route.
Featured photo by Nick Morrish/British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees