Solid Award Availability to Tahiti on Air Tahiti Nui’s Brand New Dreamliner
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking to head to Tahiti on points and miles, you’re in luck. There’s some surprisingly good award availability in business class on Air Tahiti Nui’s brand new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
While the B/E Aerospace Diamond business class seats don’t provide the most privacy, the 2-2-2 arrangement is perfect for couples traveling together. And now you can travel together with a special someone to Papeete, Tahiti, in business class on numerous dates.
Since October 2018, American Airlines has made it possible to search and book Air Tahiti Nui award availability right on AA’s website. There are no tricks involved. Just start your award search right on the AA.com homepage.
Booking with AAdvantage miles isn’t the cheapest. Economy awards are going to cost 40,000 miles each way and business class awards are going to cost 80,000 miles each way. So, you’ll need 320,000 AAdvantage miles to book two passengers round-trip. That said, AA will let you book from anywhere in the US through Los Angeles to catch the Air Tahiti Nui flight to Tahiti.
Here are the dates that I’m currently seeing business class award availability for two passengers from Los Angeles to Papeete, Tahiti:
- March 10, 16
- April 15, 16, 21
- May 7, 11, 14
- June 2, 4, 9, 21
- October 22, 24, 26-27, 29-31
- November 1-3, 5-10, 12-17, 21-22, 24-25, 28, 30
- December 1, 5, 7-8, 10, 12-18
- January 4, 11-12
And to be sure that this wasn’t phantom award availability, we priced out a few dates to find that the all-in round-trip price for two passengers would be 320,000 miles plus just $113 in taxes/fees:
Hotels and Tips for French Polynesia
If you’re wondering where to stay when in French Polynesia, TPG‘s got you covered with numerous hotel reviews:
- InterContinental Tahiti Resort and Spa
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa
- InterContinental Resort and Spa Moorea
For tips about how to maximize your time on the ground, read about How to Take a Cheap Ferry From Tahiti to Moorea and Eating Your Way Through Tahiti’s Famed Food Trucks. Or, if you’d rather listen than read, check out TPG‘s first-ever Miles Away podcast which featured all things French Polynesia.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees