This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Silvercar is expanding its presence in the Bay Area. The rental car company, known for its Audi-only fleet and simple reservation process, is adding a second location in San Francisco.
As of September 24, Silvercar will offer rentals in the Union Square area. The company has long offered service from San Francisco International Airport (SFO), however, the addition of the Union Square location marks its first in-town location in the Bay Area.
Union Square is Silvercar’s 25th location. Currently, Silvercar by Audi is available in the following airport markets: Austin (AUS), Charlotte (CLT), Chicago (ORD), Dallas (DAL), Denver (DEN), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Newark (EWR), Orange County (SNA), Orlando (MCO), Phoenix (PHX), Salt Lake City (SLC), San Diego (SAN), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), Tampa (TPA) and Washington (IAD). In addition, it’s available in the following in-town markets: Miami-South Beach, NYC-Brooklyn Downtown, NYC-Brooklyn McCarren Hotel, NYC-Columbus Circle, NYC-Manhattan at 42nd Street and San Francisco-Union Square.
The move marks the latest in a string of expansion announcements from the car-rental company. Earlier this year, Silvercar announced it was adding convertible (Audi A5 Cabriolet) and SUV (Audi Q5) rental options in select markets. In addition to announcing location additions, Silvercar also detailed a rebranding earlier this month, officially changing its name to Silvercar by Audi.
TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable. If you’re new to the service, you can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
Featured image by Christopher Chan / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards