This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When it comes to renting cars, Silvercar is one of the better options out there. The company and its Audi-only fleet have been expanding across the US at a shocking rate — it’s now available in 24 locations — and offer a relatively seamless reservation, pick-up and drop-off process.
Long before it was acquired by Audi, the company was known to offer just Audi vehicles — ranging from the A4 to the recent additions of Q5 SUVs and A5 Cabriolets. Now, Silvercar is taking its Audi-ness one step further by rebranding as Silvercar by Audi.
While the move likely won’t mean much in the short-term, it’ll be interesting to see in what ways — if any — the name change will affect the way Silvercar by Audi does its business and the products it offers. According to an email sent to Silvercar users, the company says: “We’re looking forward to bringing you even better customer service and more eye-catching Audi model options in even more places around the country.”
Currently, Silvercar by Audi is available in the following airport markets: Austin (AUS), Charlotte (CLT), Chicago (ORD), Dallas (DAL), Denver (DEN), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Newark (EWR), Orange County (SNA), Orlando (MCO), Phoenix (PHX), Salt Lake City (SLC), San Diego (SAN), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA), Tampa (TPA) and Washington (IAD). In addition, it’s available in the following in-town markets: Miami-South Beach, NYC-Brooklyn Downtown, NYC-Brooklyn McCarren Hotel, NYC-Columbus Circle, NYC-Manhattan at 42nd Street.
TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable. If you’re new to the service, you can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards