Silvercar Is Adding Audi Q5 SUVs to Its Fleet
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Silvercar is expanding again — though this time around it’s making its fleet bigger instead of adding cities to its network. Beginning on Monday, Silvercar is adding Audi Q5 SUVs to its fleet.
Traditionally, Silvercar has offered only Audi A4 sedans for riders to utilize. However, beginning at nine locations on Monday, riders are able to book the Q5 SUV. The following locations currently have the Q5 available and ready to book: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, Orlando and Salt Lake City.
Through July 2018, Silvercar will roll out the Q5 in other markets. The company says that while the Q5 is a huge step forward in creating more options for riders, the A4 will continue to be available in all 18 of its nationwide locations.
Rates for the Q5 start at $69 per day, as compared to the A4, which starts at $49 per day. With this announcement, Silvercar is also offering a promotion where you can get 40% off rentals of five days or more by using the promo code WEEKLY. In addition as part of this announcement, the company says that it’s planning to launch operations at five new airport locations in the next six months, including San Diego (SAN) and Tampa (TPA).
The company, which was acquired by Audi earlier this year, allows travelers to streamline the process of renting a car. What is typically a fairly tedious process, Silvercar allows users to rent one of its A4s or Q5s through its app. Plus, each of the cars comes with complimentary GPS, Wi-Fi, SiriusXM satellite radio and fair toll pricing.
The company has been expanding rapidly in its network across the US. Now, with the option to rent an SUV, Silvercar is an even more appealing option for those looking for a larger option. TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable. If you’re new to the service, you can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees