This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Silvercar is expanding again — though this time around it’s making its fleet bigger instead of adding cities to its network. Beginning on Monday, Silvercar is adding Audi Q5 SUVs to its fleet.
Traditionally, Silvercar has offered only Audi A4 sedans for riders to utilize. However, beginning at nine locations on Monday, riders are able to book the Q5 SUV. The following locations currently have the Q5 available and ready to book: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, Orlando and Salt Lake City.
Through July 2018, Silvercar will roll out the Q5 in other markets. The company says that while the Q5 is a huge step forward in creating more options for riders, the A4 will continue to be available in all 18 of its nationwide locations.
Rates for the Q5 start at $69 per day, as compared to the A4, which starts at $49 per day. With this announcement, Silvercar is also offering a promotion where you can get 40% off rentals of five days or more by using the promo code WEEKLY. In addition as part of this announcement, the company says that it’s planning to launch operations at five new airport locations in the next six months, including San Diego (SAN) and Tampa (TPA).
The company, which was acquired by Audi earlier this year, allows travelers to streamline the process of renting a car. What is typically a fairly tedious process, Silvercar allows users to rent one of its A4s or Q5s through its app. Plus, each of the cars comes with complimentary GPS, Wi-Fi, SiriusXM satellite radio and fair toll pricing.
The company has been expanding rapidly in its network across the US. Now, with the option to rent an SUV, Silvercar is an even more appealing option for those looking for a larger option. TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable. If you’re new to the service, you can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees