This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Silvercar is expanding again — though this time around it’s making its fleet bigger instead of adding cities to its network. Beginning on Monday, Silvercar is adding Audi Q5 SUVs to its fleet.
Traditionally, Silvercar has offered only Audi A4 sedans for riders to utilize. However, beginning at nine locations on Monday, riders are able to book the Q5 SUV. The following locations currently have the Q5 available and ready to book: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, Orlando and Salt Lake City.
Through July 2018, Silvercar will roll out the Q5 in other markets. The company says that while the Q5 is a huge step forward in creating more options for riders, the A4 will continue to be available in all 18 of its nationwide locations.
Rates for the Q5 start at $69 per day, as compared to the A4, which starts at $49 per day. With this announcement, Silvercar is also offering a promotion where you can get 40% off rentals of five days or more by using the promo code WEEKLY. In addition as part of this announcement, the company says that it’s planning to launch operations at five new airport locations in the next six months, including San Diego (SAN) and Tampa (TPA).
The company, which was acquired by Audi earlier this year, allows travelers to streamline the process of renting a car. What is typically a fairly tedious process, Silvercar allows users to rent one of its A4s or Q5s through its app. Plus, each of the cars comes with complimentary GPS, Wi-Fi, SiriusXM satellite radio and fair toll pricing.
The company has been expanding rapidly in its network across the US. Now, with the option to rent an SUV, Silvercar is an even more appealing option for those looking for a larger option. TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable. If you’re new to the service, you can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees