Silvercar Is Adding Audi Q5 SUVs to Its Fleet
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Silvercar is expanding again — though this time around it’s making its fleet bigger instead of adding cities to its network. Beginning on Monday, Silvercar is adding Audi Q5 SUVs to its fleet.
Traditionally, Silvercar has offered only Audi A4 sedans for riders to utilize. However, beginning at nine locations on Monday, riders are able to book the Q5 SUV. The following locations currently have the Q5 available and ready to book: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, Orlando and Salt Lake City.
Through July 2018, Silvercar will roll out the Q5 in other markets. The company says that while the Q5 is a huge step forward in creating more options for riders, the A4 will continue to be available in all 18 of its nationwide locations.
Rates for the Q5 start at $69 per day, as compared to the A4, which starts at $49 per day. With this announcement, Silvercar is also offering a promotion where you can get 40% off rentals of five days or more by using the promo code WEEKLY. In addition as part of this announcement, the company says that it’s planning to launch operations at five new airport locations in the next six months, including San Diego (SAN) and Tampa (TPA).
The company, which was acquired by Audi earlier this year, allows travelers to streamline the process of renting a car. What is typically a fairly tedious process, Silvercar allows users to rent one of its A4s or Q5s through its app. Plus, each of the cars comes with complimentary GPS, Wi-Fi, SiriusXM satellite radio and fair toll pricing.
The company has been expanding rapidly in its network across the US. Now, with the option to rent an SUV, Silvercar is an even more appealing option for those looking for a larger option. TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable. If you’re new to the service, you can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.