This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Chase Sapphire Reserve
The app-based rental car service Silvercar is expanding its footprint in the US by adding a new location to its portfolio. In 2018, the all-Audi A4 fleet will expand to Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). While you won’t be able to rent a Silvercar in SLC until January 8, 2018, the service will begin taking reservations on Tuesday.
The company, which was acquired by Audi earlier this year, allows travelers to streamline the process of renting a car. What is typically a pretty tedious process, Silvercar allows users to rent one of its A4s through its app. Plus, each of the cars comes with complimentary GPS, Wi-Fi, SiriusXM satellite radio and fair toll pricing. If you elect to have the gas tank filled upon drop off, you’ll be charged market price in addition to a $5 fill-up fee.
Most recently, Silvercar announced it was expanding to two other cities — Seattle (SEA) and Orlando (MCO), both of which are now open for business. With the addition of Salt Lake City, Silvercar is now available in the following 18 markets:
- Austin (AUS)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Dallas Love Field (DAL)
- Denver (DEN)
- Ft. Lauderdale (FLL)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Miami — South Beach
- Newark (EWR)
- NYC — Brooklyn
- NYC — Brooklyn Downtown
- NYC — Manhattan
- Orlando (MCO)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable, starting at $49 per day. If you’re new to the service, you can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees