This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Chase Sapphire Reserve
The app-based rental car service Silvercar is expanding its footprint in the US by adding a new location to its portfolio. In 2018, the all-Audi A4 fleet will expand to Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC). While you won’t be able to rent a Silvercar in SLC until January 8, 2018, the service will begin taking reservations on Tuesday.
The company, which was acquired by Audi earlier this year, allows travelers to streamline the process of renting a car. What is typically a pretty tedious process, Silvercar allows users to rent one of its A4s through its app. Plus, each of the cars comes with complimentary GPS, Wi-Fi, SiriusXM satellite radio and fair toll pricing. If you elect to have the gas tank filled upon drop off, you’ll be charged market price in addition to a $5 fill-up fee.
Most recently, Silvercar announced it was expanding to two other cities — Seattle (SEA) and Orlando (MCO), both of which are now open for business. With the addition of Salt Lake City, Silvercar is now available in the following 18 markets:
- Austin (AUS)
- Chicago (ORD)
- Dallas Love Field (DAL)
- Denver (DEN)
- Ft. Lauderdale (FLL)
- Las Vegas (LAS)
- Los Angeles (LAX)
- Miami (MIA)
- Miami — South Beach
- Newark (EWR)
- NYC — Brooklyn
- NYC — Brooklyn Downtown
- NYC — Manhattan
- Orlando (MCO)
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Salt Lake City (SLC)
- San Francisco (SFO)
- Seattle (SEA)
TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable, starting at $49 per day. If you’re new to the service, you can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1. Be sure to reserve your car with a credit card that offers primary rental car coverage, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which will also earn you 3x points for the travel purchase.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards