This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Silvercar is expanding yet again. This time, though, it’s not adding a new city where the service will be offered. Instead, the car rental company is adding a new car to its fleet — the Audi A5 Cabriolet, a convertible.
The silver Cabriolets can be booked beginning Tuesday and will be available to drive in select cities beginning in late June. The drop-top vehicle is the first of its kind in the Silvercar fleet. Previously, the car rental company offered silver Audi A4 sedans. Then, in January, Silvercar added silver Audi Q5 SUVs to the growing fleet.
Beginning Tuesday, Silvercar users interested in booking one of the Cabriolets can do so in the following locations: Los Angeles, CA; San Francisco, CA; Newark, NJ; Brooklyn, NY; New York, NY; Orange County, CA; San Diego, CA; Chicago, IL; Washington Dulles; Miami, FL; Denver, CO; Seattle, WA; and Salt Lake City, UT.
The Cabriolets feature a fully automatic soft top. According to the company, the roof opens in 15 seconds and closes in 18 seconds. Inside, the car fits up to four passengers, including the driver. The car features all-wheel drive, a virtual cockpit with Google Earth and more. Additionally, you’ll get features consistent with the rest of the Silvercar fleet, such as Wi-Fi, GPS navigation and SiriusXM satellite radio.
Prices for the Audi A5 Cabriolet start a $95 per day. This rate, as compared to a starting rate of $59 per day for the Audi A4 and $79 per day for the Audi Q5. With this announcement, Silvercar is also offering a promotion where you can get 30% off rentals of five days or more by using the promo code WEEKLY30.
The company, which was acquired by Audi in 2017, allows travelers to streamline the process of renting a car. What is typically a fairly tedious process, Silvercar allows users to rent one of its A4s, Q5s or A5 Cabriolets through its app. So far in 2018, Silvercar has opened locations in Salt Lake City, Tampa, San Diego, Orange County, Washington Dulles and has doubled operations in Manhattan. It plans to open three more locations by the end of the year.
Since Silvercar is a car rental company, you’ll want to be sure to use a credit card that offers you primary rental car coverage in order to make sure your rental is protected. For example, the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card and more. Additionally, all American Express cards offer premium primary coverage for a flat rate, though you’ll need to enroll. Check out this story for more information on everything you need to know about which cards to use for primary rental coverage.
TPG staffers and contributors who have tried Silvercar have had great experiences with the service and have found the prices to be reasonable. If you’re new to the service, you can earn a $25 credit on your first rental by entering the referral code: BKELLY1.
All images courtesy of Silvercar.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees