Get the curated travel intel you need with Brian Kelly’s new weekly newsletter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It only took a few short weeks for the spread of the novel coronavirus to take everything we thought we knew about travel and flip it on its head. For almost two months the industry has been at a standstill, with airlines operating skeleton route networks, cruise lines halted by a no-sail order, hotels sitting largely empty or closed altogether and car-rental fleets collecting dust in parking garages.
While people across the world have been staying home, major players in the industry haven’t been just waiting out the storm. Companies are signaling travelers that they will be prepared to keep them safe and healthy when they return. And it looks like people may return sooner rather than later.
With the travel scene changing daily, we at TPG think it’s more important than ever to help you stay in the know — which is why we’re launching a new, weekly newsletter written by yours truly, The Points Guy.
We’re launching this newsletter with three goals.
First, I know that these times are unprecedented and I want to share directly with you, our readers, my thoughts and the most important resources you’ll need as travel resumes.
Second, I’ve always wanted to have a newsletter to share what’s important to me in the world of travel, points and miles, credit cards, airplanes and more.
Finally, I want to have fun with it. Being forced to stop travel altogether has allowed all of us to take a step back and remember why we love to travel in the first place. Not only are we launching a newsletter, but you’ll also be seeing even more amazing content in my new webinar series — called “The Future of Travel” — which launches on June 2, 2020, with the CEO of Carnival Corp., Arnold Donald.
The newsletter is set to launch this Sunday, May 24, 2020. Every Sunday, you can expect to read about the most important news of the past week and what to look out for in the coming week. You’ll also get exclusive content — like data from our Points Lab team showing you what to look for as the world begins to open up and more and more people take to the skies and the roads. In the first newsletter, I’ll also tell you where I think I’ll head first in a post-lockdown environment.
You’re not going to want to miss out on insights about points, miles, credit cards and the travel industry as a whole — delivered to your inbox each week. Sign up to receive my new weekly newsletter here and you’ll be equipping yourself with the knowledge to make a safe return to travel.
Featured photo by Brian Kelly/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees