Get the curated travel intel you need with Brian Kelly’s new weekly newsletter
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It only took a few short weeks for the spread of the novel coronavirus to take everything we thought we knew about travel and flip it on its head. For almost two months the industry has been at a standstill, with airlines operating skeleton route networks, cruise lines halted by a no-sail order, hotels sitting largely empty or closed altogether and car-rental fleets collecting dust in parking garages.
While people across the world have been staying home, major players in the industry haven’t been just waiting out the storm. Companies are signaling travelers that they will be prepared to keep them safe and healthy when they return. And it looks like people may return sooner rather than later.
With the travel scene changing daily, we at TPG think it’s more important than ever to help you stay in the know — which is why we’re launching a new, weekly newsletter written by yours truly, The Points Guy.
We’re launching this newsletter with three goals.
First, I know that these times are unprecedented and I want to share directly with you, our readers, my thoughts and the most important resources you’ll need as travel resumes.
Second, I’ve always wanted to have a newsletter to share what’s important to me in the world of travel, points and miles, credit cards, airplanes and more.
Finally, I want to have fun with it. Being forced to stop travel altogether has allowed all of us to take a step back and remember why we love to travel in the first place. Not only are we launching a newsletter, but you’ll also be seeing even more amazing content in my new webinar series — called “The Future of Travel” — which launches on June 2, 2020, with the CEO of Carnival Corp., Arnold Donald.
The newsletter is set to launch this Sunday, May 24, 2020. Every Sunday, you can expect to read about the most important news of the past week and what to look out for in the coming week. You’ll also get exclusive content — like data from our Points Lab team showing you what to look for as the world begins to open up and more and more people take to the skies and the roads. In the first newsletter, I’ll also tell you where I think I’ll head first in a post-lockdown environment.
You’re not going to want to miss out on insights about points, miles, credit cards and the travel industry as a whole — delivered to your inbox each week. Sign up to receive my new weekly newsletter here and you’ll be equipping yourself with the knowledge to make a safe return to travel.
Featured photo by Brian Kelly/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.