Register for next Return of Travel webinar with the CEO of Discover Puerto Rico
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Despite ongoing progress with vaccinations in the U.S., much of the world is still largely closed to American visitors — and testing requirements upon return may deter travelers from visiting those spots that are open.
However, there are a number of spots in the Caribbean that are welcoming tourists from the U.S., including some that are actually domestic locations and thus don’t require a negative COVID-19 test to fly home (though they may require one to enter).
And on our next Return of Travel webinar, you’ll have a chance to hear from the head tourism official from one such destination.
Next week, join TPG’s founder and CEO Brian Kelly as he welcomes Brad Dean, the CEO of Discover Puerto Rico. The pair will dive into a number of topics covering Caribbean vacations, including why tropical destinations are so appealing to American travelers, what safety precautions remain in place, and why Puerto Rico should be at the top of your list to visit as we come out of the pandemic.
Date: Wednesday April 14, 2021
Time: 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time / 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time
Location: Zoom Webinar — Register here
Even if you can’t make the live session, please go ahead and register anyway. All registrants will automatically receive a link to the recap article and recording within 24 hours of the webinar.
Brad started his career in finance but quickly found his way to the tourism industry, joining the chamber of commerce in Myrtle Beach, SC in 1998. After becoming president and CEO in 2003, the area enjoyed record growth in tourism — and his organization was even named chamber of commerce of the year in 2015. He was then tapped to lead Discover Puerto Rico in 2018, a new tourism organization created after Hurricane Maria devastated the island the previous year.
As a current resident of San Juan, Brad can speak directly to the appeal of visiting the U.S. territory, but he’ll also speak more broadly about the Caribbean and why these tropical locales hold such strong appeal for Americans. He and Brian will also discuss what you need to know about visiting — including testing requirements and safety precautions — along with exciting developments on the horizon.
If Puerto Rico (or another Caribbean island) is on your list for 2021, this is a session you don’t want to miss! Register now to secure your spot, as registration closes as soon as the session begins.
“The Return of Travel with Brian Kelly” is a series of live events to help consumers prepare for the comeback of travel as the world emerges from the coronavirus pandemic. Join Brian as he interviews top experts and company executives on a range of topics, including the anticipated boom in leisure travel, what travel looks like for various groups, the return to cruising, destination reopening and much more.
You can view a recap and recording of the first episode at the following link:
For recaps of this series’ predecessor — “The Future of Travel with Brian Kelly” — please visit this page.
Featured photo by Jamie Oppenheim / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.