Last chance to win 1 million United miles by donating to this charity
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We are in the final few days of our Prizeo campaign to support the Gbowee Foundation Africa, an organization dedicated to providing outstanding education and opportunities for women and girls in Liberia. We kicked off our campaign on International Women’s Day, as we couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate women and girls.
And if you’re interested in taking home the grand prize of a million United miles, time is running out!
With a minimum donation of $10 through this Sunday May 9, you’ll be entered into our sweepstakes to win one million United MileagePlus miles and a trip to New York City (or virtual consultation, depending on the pandemic) — where you’ll meet with The Points Guy Brian Kelly to help you plan a dream trip for you and a guest.
With Mother’s Day coming up, this presents a great way to make a donation in honor of that special woman in your life — and potentially take home the grand prize at the same time.
The Points Guy has worked closely with Leymah Gbowee, the founder of the Gbowee Foundation Africa, since 2014 as part of PeaceJam, an international peace education program. Our current Prizeo campaign serves to help a worthy cause as well as commemorate the 10th anniversary of Gbowee’s Nobel Peace Prize.
During our campaign, we’ve given away additional prizes through some pretty amazing flash sweeps as well: a brand-new set of Rimowa luggage, a 1:1 points-and-miles strategy session with Brian and a pair of $2,500 Airbnb gift cards.
However, note that select donation levels include automatic gifts in addition to grand-prize entries — including TPG merchandise, travel bags or consultations with TPG’s editorial experts.
Prizeo also accepts donations through PayPal, so cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express have the unique opportunity to use their recently-reset monthly credit of up to $30 with PayPal (available until June 30, 2021) to support a worthy cause. If not, consider using another card that’s great for charitable donations.
TPG values United miles at 1.3 cents per point, but you could easily get even more value through some of these redemption options:
- United’s outstanding partner airlines
- The Excursionist Perk
- United Polaris — which recently saw fantastic award availability to Europe for the summer and fall
We’re proud of our work with Prizeo in the past and are looking forward to wrapping up another successful campaign with the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa. TPG readers have donated over a million dollars to previous campaigns that supported Make-A-Wish and Rainbow Railroad — and we’re thrilled to continue to use our platform to support causes we believe in.
But hurry! The donation window for this campaign closes at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Sunday May 9 — so donate now for a chance to win a million United miles, all while supporting a great cause.
Featured photo by Philip Pilosian/Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees