Olympian Shaun White Calls Out Passenger’s Poor Airplane Etiquette
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Shaun White has no time for your poor airplane etiquette. In a brief Instagram video, the three-time Olympic gold medalist SMHed at a passenger sitting behind him with their bare feet straight up, wiggling toes and all.
White captioned the video, posted Dec. 1, “Tag someone who probably does this…” with a disgusted emoji. The video was also reposted by Shawn Kathleen’s Passenger Shaming, an Instagram account dedicated to calling out unruly passenger behavior. While this is not the worst we’ve seen aboard a plane (the passenger could’ve used an air vent to dry her underwear, for example) it certainly seems unpleasant.
For now, if you’re the kind of person “who probably does this,” here is some helpful advice from the TPG staff to go by when you’re feeling tempted to kick off your shoes aboard a plane. This way, you won’t get publicly roasted by Passenger Shaming, Shaun White and his 1.2 million Instagram followers.
Featured image by Rodin Eckenroth/FilmMagic via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees