This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airlines around the world launch and announce dozens of new flight routes and service changes every month. Today, we’ll share just a few of the latest flights that will take to the skies this month or in the near future. Keep in mind that exact flight details (like schedules and aircraft, among other things) may change.
NEW ROUTES LAUNCHED IN SEPTEMBER 2018
Qantas Offers New Nonstop from San Francisco to Melbourne, Australia (launched September 1)
Details — On September 1, Qantas launched a nonstop route connecting San Francisco (SFO) with Melbourne (MEL), Australia, a city consistently ranked as one of the top 10 most livable in the world. The new route is operated by the carrier’s 787-9 Dreamliner and runs four times a week on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, giving West Coast folks the excuse they need to see what spring and summer are like in the land down under.
Schedule (4x per week on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday):
- QF50 San Francisco (SFO) 10:00pm Departure → Melbourne (MEL) 6:30am (+2) Arrival
- QF49 Melbourne (MEL) 9:40pm Departure → San Francisco (SFO) 7:00pm Arrival
JetBlue Begins Transcon Service Between Ontario, CA, and New York City (launched September 5)
Details — Earlier this month, JetBlue launched a new transcon route from Ontario (ONT) to New York (JFK), making it the carrier’s 10th California connection. The new flights are aboard JetBlue’s Airbus A320 aircraft and are operated daily, making it easier than ever to fly coast-to-coast. The only thing missing? Mint class.
- B6354 Ontario (ONT) 11:59pm Departure → New York (JFK) 8:18am (+1) Arrival
- B6355 New York (JFK) 7:12pm Departure → Ontario (ONT) 10:36pm Arrival
Alaska Airlines Adds Nonstop Flights from Seattle to Pittsburgh (launched September 6)
Details — Speaking of new transcon routes, Alaska Airlines launched daily service between Seattle (SEA) and Pittsburgh (PIT) this month, making it the only nonstop connecting the two cities. The new route will be serviced by the carrier’s Boeing 737 aircraft and is the second-most exciting announcement out of PIT this year after it revealed plans back in July for a new nonstop flight to London (LHR) on British Airways starting April 2, 2019.
- AS198 Seattle (SEA) 8:00am Departure → Pittsburgh (PIT) 3:53pm Arrival
- AS199 Pittsburgh (PIT) 5:00pm Departure → Seattle (SEA) 7:03pm Arrival
Fly Cathay Pacific Nonstop from Washington, D.C., to Hong Kong (launched September 15)
Details — As of September 15, Cathay Pacific has nonstop flights from Washington, D.C. (IAD), to Hong Kong (HKG) four times per week. Climb aboard the carrier’s shiny new A350-1000 aircraft, complete with business class, premium economy and economy. Choose your seat wisely, as the 8,153-mile flight just became Cathay’s longest.
4x per week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- CX869 Washington, D.C. (IAD) 1:20am Departure → Hong Kong (HKG) 5:15am (+1) Arrival
4x per week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- CX860 Hong Kong (HKG) 5:55pm Departure → Washington, D.C. (IAD) 9:45pm Arrival
NEW ROUTES ANNOUNCED IN SEPTEMBER 2018
Hawaiian Airlines to Fly Nonstop From Boston to Honolulu
Details — Aloooooha, Beantown! We’ve got great news for anyone planning a trip to the islands next year from the Northeast. Hawaiian Airlines is getting ready to launch a new nonstop route from Boston (BOS) to Honolulu (HNL), slated to run five times a week starting April 4, 2019, aboard the carrier’s A330 aircraft, transporting you to paradise in 11 hours.
5x per week on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday
- HA89 Boston (BOS) 8:00am Departure → Honolulu (HNL) 1:40pm Arrival
5x per week on Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- HA90 Honolulu (HNL) 1:45pm Departure → Boston (BOS) 6:00am (+1) Arrival
Delta’s Adding a Nonstop to Hawaii from Detroit
Great news for Michiganders: Delta’s gearing up to launch a new nonstop from Detroit (DTW) to Honolulu (HNL) starting June 29, 2019, making it easier than ever for folks in the Midwest to take that dream Hawaiian vacation. The new flights will be operated daily by the carrier’s 767-300ER aircraft. While it’s not showing up on Google Flights yet, this is the planned schedule, according to a press release from Delta:
- Detroit (DTW) 12:00pm Departure → Honolulu (HNL) 3:43pm Arrival
- Honolulu (HNL) 3:15pm Departure → Detroit (DTW) 6:10am (+1) Arrival
More Domestic and International Flights Coming Soon to Southwest
Details — It’s never too early to start planning your next great trip. Southwest recently announced seasonal service slated to start March 9, 2019, including international flights to Cancun (CUN) and Cabo San Lucas (CSL), as well as domestic hops to Tampa (TPA) and Orlando (MCO). Subject to government approval, the carrier expects to launch nonstop service between St. Louis (STL) and Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ) and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ), which would also begin on March 9, 2019.
Seasonal service on Saturday as of March 9, 2019:
- Milwaukee (MKE) — Cancun (CUN)
- Pittsburgh (PIT) — Cancun (CUN)
- Raleigh-Durham (RDU)— Cancun (CUN)
- San Antonio (SAT) — Cancun (CUN)
- Baltimore (BWI) — Cabo San Lucas (CSL)
- Cleveland (CLE) — Tampa (TPA)
- Cincinnati (LUK) — Orlando (MCO)
Pending government approval, also on March 9:
- St. Louis (STL) — Montego Bay, Jamaica (MBJ)
- St. Louis (STL) — Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ)
Primera Air’s Adding New Flights to Berlin, Frankfurt and Madrid in 2019
Details — It’s been a big month for Primera Air, which is what we thought in August when the low-cost Nordic carrier launched three new flights from the US to Brussels, Belgium. In September, the airline was at it again, announcing several new routes due out next summer that’ll connect a number of North American cities with Berlin (TXL), Frankfurt (FRA) and Madrid (MAD). All new flights will be operated by the carrier’s 737 Max 9 aircraft.
New York to Berlin, daily service starting June 7, 2019
- PF3612 New York (JFK) 11:10pm Departure → Berlin (TXL) 1:00pm (+1) Arrival
- PF3611 Berlin (TXL) 6:25pm Departure → New York (JFK) 9:40pm Arrival
Boston to Berlin, 4x per week on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, as of June 9, 2019
- PF3626 Boston (BOS) 10:35pm Departure → Berlin (TXL) 12:05pm (+1) Arrival
- PF3625 Berlin (TXL) 6:15pm Departure → Boston (BOS) 9:05pm Arrival
Toronto to Berlin, 3x per week on Monday, Thursday and Saturday as of June 10, 2019
- PF3634 Toronto (YYZ) 11:15pm Departure → Berlin (TXL) 1:15pm (+1) Arrival
- PF3633 Berlin (TXL) 6:30pm Departure → Toronto (YYZ) 9:45pm Arrival
JFK to Frankfurt, daily service starting June 16, 2019
- PF3150 New York (JFK) 11:30pm Departure → Frankfurt (FRA) 1:05pm (+1) Arrival
- PF3149 Frankfurt (FRA) 7:00pm Departure → New York (JFK) 10:00pm Arrival
Boston to Frankfurt 4x per week on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, as of July 17, 2019
- PF3114 Boston (BOS) 10:05pm Departure → Frankfurt (FRA) 11:20am (+1) Arrival
- PF3113 Frankfurt (FRA) 6:00pm Departure → Boston (BOS) 8:35pm Arrival
Montreal to Frankfurt, 3x per week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday as of July 16, 2019
- PF3158 Montreal (YUL) 9:40pm Departure → Frankfurt (FRA) 11:30am (+1) Arrival
- PF3157 Frankfurt (FRA) 5:15pm Departure → Montreal (YUL) 8:10pm Arrival
Toronto to Frankfurt, daily service starting July 16, 2019
- PF3136 Toronto (YYZ) 11:15pm Departure → Frankfurt (FRA) 1:05pm (+1) Arrival
- PF3135 Frankfurt (FRA) 6:40pm Departure → Toronto (YYZ) 9:45pm Arrival
Boston to Madrid, 3x per week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday as of August 17, 2019
- PF3318 Boston (BOS) 10:35pm Departure → Madrid (MAD) 11:20 (+1) Arrival
- PF3317 Madrid (MAD) 7:00pm Departure → Boston (BOS) 9:05pm Arrival
Newark to Madrid, daily service starting July 16, 2019
- PF3306 Newark (EWR) 11:30pm Departure → Madrid (MAD) 12:35pm (+1) Arrival
- PF3305 Madrid (MAD) 7:30pm Departure → Newark (EWR) 10:00pm Arrival
Toronto to Madrid, 4x per week on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday as of August 16, 2019
- PF3330 Toronto (YYZ) 10:45pm Departure → Madrid (MAD) 12:10pm (+1) Arrival
- PF3329 Madrid (MAD) 6:25pm Departure → Toronto (YYZ) 9:15pm Arrival
LOT Polish Airlines to Launch Nonstop Between Miami and Warsaw
Details — Planning a trip to Poland anytime soon? LOT Polish Airlines is gearing up to launch a new flight from Miami (MIA) to Warsaw (WAW), one of Eastern Europe’s most beautiful — and affordable — cities. The route, operated by the carrier’s 787-8 Dreamliner, will run four times a week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday starting June 1, 2019, just in time for a nice summer vacation, wouldn’t you say?
- LO30 Miami (MIA) 8:05pm Departure → Warsaw (WAW) 12:15pm (+1) Arrival
- LO29 Warsaw (WAW) 12:05pm Departure → Miami (MIA) 5:30pm Arrival
Air France to Start Nonstop Service From Dallas to Paris
Details — As Audrey Hepburn said in Sabrina, Paris is always a good idea. Soon it’ll be even easier for folks in Texas to visit the City of Light, thanks to a new Air France route between Dallas (DFW) and Paris (CDG) that’s expected to begin next spring. The new service will operate three times per week on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from March 31 to June 30, then five times per week on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from July 1 to September 1. Flights will be aboard the carrier’s A330.
Schedule (3x per week, then 5x per week):
- AF159 Dallas (DFW) 3:45pm Departure → Paris (CDG) 8:15am (+1) Arrival
- AF150 Paris (CDG) 10:10am Departure → Dallas (DFW) 1:50pm Arrival
JAL to Launch Nonstop Service Between Seattle and Tokyo
It’s been nearly 30 years, but it seems JAL is ready to relaunch daily nonstop flights from Seattle (SEA) to Tokyo (NRT) starting March 31, 2019. That’s not all — the new route will be operated daily by the carrier’s Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner and because JAL is a Oneworld alliance member and a partner of Alaska Airlines, award flights will be able to booked a variety of ways, including with Alaska miles, American AAdvantage miles, and JAL’s own Mileage Bank miles.
- JL68 Tokyo (NRT) 6:00pm Departure → Seattle (SEA) 11:00am Arrival
- JL68 Seattle (SEA) 2:20pm Departure → Tokyo (NRT) 4:30pm Arrival
WOW’s Planning Flights Between Orlando and Reykjavik
Details — Who’s up for a wintertime trip to Iceland? Folks in Florida are in luck with the recent announcement of low-cost carrier WOW’s upcoming nonstop route aboard the A321 from Orlando (MCO) to Reykjavik (KEF). While flights officially launch December 19, 2018, the schedule varies over the holiday season before finally settling down to the following days three times per week on January 7, 2019:
3x per week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- WW188 Orlando (MCO) 4:20pm Departure → Reykjavik (KEF) 4:45am (+1) Arrival
3x per week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- WW187 Reykjavik (KEF) 4:40pm Departure → Orlando (MCO) 8:05pm Arrival
Aer Lingus Will Add Dublin Routes from Minneapolis and Montreal
Details — The Aer Lingus network is about to get larger. Earlier this month, the airline announced plans for two new routes connecting its Dublin (DUB) hub with two new North American cities, Minneapolis (MSP) and Montreal (YUL). The MSP to DUB route is slated to launch July 8, 2019, and will be operated by the carrier’s Boeing 757s, while the YUL to DUB route begins August 8, 2019, and will feature Aer Lingus’ A321LR aircraft.
- EI88 Minneapolis (MSP) 7:00pm Departure → Dublin (DUB) 8:40am (+1) Arrival
- EI89 Dublin (DUB) 2:10pm Departure → Minneapolis (MSP) 4:55pm Arrival
- EI98 Montreal (YUL) 10:20pm Departure → Dublin (DUB) 9:40am (+1) Arrival
- EI99 Dublin (DUB) 6:50pm Departure → Montreal (YUL) 8:50pm Arrival
KLM’s Launching Flights From Las Vegas to Amsterdam
Details — Last month, we told you all about KLM’s plans to launch a new nonstop flight between Boston (BOS) and Amsterdam (AMS). Now, word is the carrier is also going to be debuting a West Coast nonstop hop from Las Vegas (LAS) starting June 6, 2019, aboard its 787-9 Dreamliner. Note that at first, the new route will run twice a week on Friday and Sunday before a third weekly flight on Tuesday will be added to the mix on July 2, 2019.
Schedule (2x per week as of June 6, then 3x per week as of July 2):
- KL636 Las Vegas (LAS) 4:05pm Departure → Amsterdam (AMS) 11:05am (+1) Arrival
- KL635 Amsterdam (AMS) 12:30pm Departure → Las Vegas (LAS) 2:15pm Arrival
Delta’s Debuting Seasonal Flights to the Caribbean This Winter
Details — As if Delta’s Atlanta (ATL) hub wasn’t busy enough during the holiday season, the carrier just announced three new seasonal flights to the Caribbean, perfect for anyone looking to escape the winter weather and defrost on a beautiful, tropical island, umbrella drink in hand. Saturday service from ATL to Antigua and Barbuda (ANU) aboard the 737-900 will begin November 17, 2018, while Saturday service to Grenada (GND) aboard the 737-800 starts December 22, 2018. Flights to St. Kitts and Nevis (SKB), meanwhile, are set to operate twice a week on Tuesday and Saturday aboard the 737-900 starting December 22, 2018.
Saturday seasonal service as of November 17, 2018:
- DL653 Atlanta (ATL) 9:45am Departure → Antigua and Barbuda (ANU) 2:49pm Arrival
- DL652 Antigua and Barbuda (ANU) 4:00pm Departure → Atlanta (ATL) 7:40pm Arrival
Saturday seasonal service as of December 22, 2018:
- DL725 Atlanta (ATL) 9:55am Departure → Grenada (GND) 3:29pm Arrival
- DL796 Grenada (GND) 3:30pm Departure → Atlanta (ATL) 7:34pm Arrival
Seasonally 2x per week on Tuesday and Saturday as of December 22, 2018:
- DL890 Atlanta (ATL) 10:00am Departure → St. Kitts and Nevis (SKB) 2:57pm Arrival
- DL863 St. Kitts and Nevis (SKB) 4:10pm Departure → Atlanta (ATL) 7:38pm Arrival
Which of these new routes are you most excited about?
Featured photo by Boyloso / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees