Primera Air Launches 3 New Transatlantic Flights From the US Starting at $149
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It looks like Primera isn’t ready to quit the US. After launching a number of new routes and then cutting back on a few of them — with more cuts coming soon — the low-cost carrier announced three new transatlantic flights between the US and Europe, but not before next year:
- Newark (EWR) to Brussels (BRU): Daily starting May 9, 2019
- Washington Dulles (IAD) to Brussels (BRU): 3x weekly starting June 2, 2019
- Boston (BOS) to Brussels (BRU): 4x weekly starting June 4, 2019
Flights are already on sale via Primera Air’s website, with prices starting at $149 one-way or $342 round-trip:
Following Primera Air has been quite the roller-coaster over the past year. In July 2017, the airline announced its first transatlantic routes from Birmingham (BHX), London Stansted (STN) and Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to Newark (EWR) and Boston (BOS) using its new Airbus A321neos. Before its inaugural flight, Boston-Birmingham would quietly be canceled.
Then, Primera Air also wouldn’t get its new aircraft in time for the inaugural, so I flew the inaugural Primera Air flight on a wet-leased National Airlines 757.
A week into that service, back-to-back-to-back Primera Air flights were canceled when the leased aircraft developed engine issues. Multiple flights after that faced overnight delays.
Since then, Primera Air has received new A321neos, but sales haven’t taken off. In May, Primera eliminated its Boston to Birmingham route and reduce frequencies on its route from Newark to Birmingham. Then in early August, Primera completely shut down its operations in Birmingham — canceling all transatlantic and intra-Europe flights — effective October 2018.
With the new additions, Primera Air’s current US operations consists of:
Currently Operating but Ending Soon:
- Boston (BOS) to London Stansted (STN) — 4x weekly until October 26, 2018
- Boston (BOS) to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) — 3x weekly until October 27, 2018
- Newark (EWR) to London Stansted (STN) — daily until March 30, 2019
- Newark (EWR) to Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) — daily until March 31, 2019
Announced But Not Operating Yet:
- Washington Dulles (IAD) to London Stansted (STN) — 4x weekly starting August 23, 2018
- Newark (EWR) to Brussels (BRU) — daily starting May 9, 2019
- Washington Dulles (IAD) to Brussels (BRU) — 3x weekly starting June 2, 2019
- Boston (BOS) to Brussels (BRU) — 4x weekly starting June 2, 2019
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees