You can now earn 5x points and get VIP benefits at even more luxury hotels
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Express just announced the addition of a whopping 40 new Fine Hotels & Resorts (FHR) properties around the world.
We’re seeing new luxury properties such as the Conrad New York Midtown, Hotel Cafe Royal in London and the Setai Tel Aviv join the program, which provides elite-like benefits at hotels and resorts in more than 500 cities worldwide.
One property I noticed in particular is the Capella Ubud hotel in Bali, a lovely new property added to the FHR portfolio. This hotel is currently offering a promotion on several rooms by including a complimentary third night free built into the promotional rate.
There are several rooms to choose from, including a rainforest tent with an outdoor bath and shower (unfortunately, this one’s not eligible for the promotional rate). Regardless of what room you choose, you’ll still be eligible for a unique property amenity. At this resort, for example, you’ll receive a complimentary 50-minute massage, for two people per room, once during your stay.
Note that several hotels have special promotional offers with limited dates to book, so you’ll need to book by March 31, 2020, for travel between now and April 5, 2020.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Hotels and resorts available through the FHR program are a mix of branded and independent properties — Four Seasons Hotels, for example, are consistently welcomed into the collection, as are St. Regis and Ritz-Carlton hotels — but they’re all hand-selected luxury properties. There are many reasons you may choose to book a stay through FHR, but the primary reason is the perks and benefits provided when you book through the program.
The program provides elite-like benefits at tons of luxury properties worldwide when you book through the program with a Platinum- or Centurion-branded card, including The Platinum Card® from American Express and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. You’ll also still earn 5x points on when you book through the FHR program.
When you book a hotel stay through the FHR program, you’ll immediately be able to see what property amenities you’ll receive upon arrival. Sometimes, you’ll be able to score free massages (like at the Capella Ubud), a general spa credit or a food and beverage credit.
In addition to the unique property amenity, there are perks you’ll receive with every FHR booking, regardless of the length of your stay:
- Room upgrade upon arrival, when available at check-in
- Some room types may be excluded and some hotels may simply give you a room with a better view.
- Daily breakfast for two people
- The provided breakfast must be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast.
- Guaranteed 4 p.m. late checkout.
- Noon check-in, when available.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- When a property includes Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, you’ll receive a daily credit from the property in the standard amount that the property charges for Wi-Fi.
- Unique property amenity
- The amenity should be valued at $100 or more and is typically a property credit, dining credit, spa credit, private airport transfer or similar amenity.
Featured image courtesy of Nicky Kelvin / The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees