This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know.
An entire new theme park — Universal’s Epic Universe — is officially coming to Orlando.
American Express has cut complimentary airport restaurant access for its cards that include a Priority Pass membership, but the perk remains for other cards that include Priority Pass.
“How much is a point or mile worth?” The answer varies from person to person, and depends on how well you can maximize a particular loyalty currency. Still, some rewards are clearly worth more than others. Here’s how they stack up.
United Airlines is partnering with CLEAR to bring CLEAR’s expedited security program to United’s hubs in Houston Intercontinental (IAH) and Newark Liberty (EWR) by the end of the summer, and Chicago O’Hare (ORD) this fall.
Until now, the only glimpse we’ve had inside the British Airways’ Airbus A350 was through virtual reality, but now we’ve been on the aircraft, sat in the Club Suite and smelled that new-plane smell. This is the first major improvement to the airline’s business-class product in over a decade and the most exciting phase of the airline’s £6.5 billion investment program.
Of all the things you’d expect to see in an overhead bin on an airplane, a flight attendant is not one of them. But that’s just what happened on a Southwest flight from Philadelphia to Nashville, captured on video by a passenger.
In an effort to boost tourism, the island nation of Sri Lanka will allow travelers from nearly 50 nations to get a free visa on arrival starting Aug. 1.
American Airlines announced that it has expanded Five Star Service, a VIP experience, to four new airports. This service is available starting today at three airports with service at a fourth airport beginning next week
Airlines are constantly adjusting their schedules, launching new services while canceling others. Here’s a look at some interesting flight changes that were announced in July.
After threatening to close its hub at Tokyo Narita airport for nearly a decade, the carrier finally will do it next year as it shifts its focus to the closer-to-downtown Haneda Airport.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Photo by Alberto Riva/TPG.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees