United Airlines Is Bringing CLEAR Expedited Security to Its Hub Airports
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines is partnering with CLEAR to improve the airport experience for its customers.
The partnership will bring CLEAR’s expedited security program that uses biometrics to United’s hubs in Houston Intercontinental (IAH) and Newark Liberty (EWR) by the end of the summer, and Chicago O’Hare (ORD) this fall, the companies say on Monday. The airline will also make an unspecified equity investment in CLEAR.
CLEAR is already available to passengers traveling through United’s hubs in Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO) and Washington Dulles (IAD).
“We are always looking to improve traveling with United, in this case by making the airport experience more convenient for customers,” said Luc Bondar, vice-president of loyalty and president of MileagePlus at United, in a statement.
CLEAR is already available at 30 airports around the USA, including Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta (ATL) and New York LaGuardia (LGA), as well as at certain ballparks and Hertz rental car locations.
In addition to bringing CLEAR to its hub airports, United is offering MileagePlus and some credit card holders free or discounted CLEAR memberships. Top tier Premier 1K members will receive free memberships, while Premier Platinum, Premier Gold and Premier Silver members will receive discounted memberships of $109 annually. All other MileagePlus members will receive a discounted membership of $119 annually.
Holders of the all of United’s co-branded Chase credit cards will also receive a discounted CLEAR membership at $109 per year.
A standard CLEAR membership costs $179 annually.
United joins Delta Air Lines partnering with CLEAR to improve the airport experience. Atlanta-based Delta joined forces with the company in 2016, and now offers the expedited screening service at all of its hub airports.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.