United Airlines Is Bringing CLEAR Expedited Security to Its Hub Airports
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines is partnering with CLEAR to improve the airport experience for its customers.
The partnership will bring CLEAR’s expedited security program that uses biometrics to United’s hubs in Houston Intercontinental (IAH) and Newark Liberty (EWR) by the end of the summer, and Chicago O’Hare (ORD) this fall, the companies say on Monday. The airline will also make an unspecified equity investment in CLEAR.
CLEAR is already available to passengers traveling through United’s hubs in Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO) and Washington Dulles (IAD).
“We are always looking to improve traveling with United, in this case by making the airport experience more convenient for customers,” said Luc Bondar, vice-president of loyalty and president of MileagePlus at United, in a statement.
CLEAR is already available at 30 airports around the USA, including Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta (ATL) and New York LaGuardia (LGA), as well as at certain ballparks and Hertz rental car locations.
In addition to bringing CLEAR to its hub airports, United is offering MileagePlus and some credit card holders free or discounted CLEAR memberships. Top tier Premier 1K members will receive free memberships, while Premier Platinum, Premier Gold and Premier Silver members will receive discounted memberships of $109 annually. All other MileagePlus members will receive a discounted membership of $119 annually.
Holders of the all of United’s co-branded Chase credit cards will also receive a discounted CLEAR membership at $109 per year.
A standard CLEAR membership costs $179 annually.
United joins Delta Air Lines partnering with CLEAR to improve the airport experience. Atlanta-based Delta joined forces with the company in 2016, and now offers the expedited screening service at all of its hub airports.
Featured image courtesy of Delta Air Lines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees