Air France Raises the Bar With Its New Business Lounge at CDG
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As more and more airlines phase out international first class, they’re upping their business class offerings. Besides improving products on board, many airlines are also completely revamping the on-the-ground experience. In the past year alone, Air Canada, American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Iberia, Qantas and United have all turned heads with brand new international business-class lounges. And now, Air France, too, has a new 34,000-square-foot lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) to show off.
The newly overhauled lounge is located in Hall L of Terminal 2E, from where many overseas flights depart, and is accessible by international first and business class passengers, as well as SkyTeam Elite Plus members traveling in economy with any SkyTeam carrier. Alternatively, day passes can be purchased for €45 (~$53). Since Delta operates out of of 2E at CDG, this is the go-to lounge for Delta One and eligible elite fliers. Do note that only those flying outside the Schengen area can enter.
Food & Drink
While the lounge doesn’t offer a-la-carte dining per se, it does have a “Gourmet Table” dining area, featuring an open kitchen where chefs prepare dishes in front of customers.
There are also hot and cold buffets, and a selection of wines chosen by the airline’s sommelier, Paolo Basso.
The highlight of the food and beverage offerings, however, is at the 1,700-square-foot bar area, better known as Le Balcon. Every evening from 7:00pm-9:00pm, Air France offers a selection of cocktails (and mocktails) specially designed by the head bartender of the Hotel Lancaster in Paris. The custom drinks include the “Un air de Paris,” consisting of champagne, cointreau and cognac, and a rotating destination cocktail of the month inspired by the cities Air France serves.
The space itself, designed by Mathieu Lehanneur, is quite swanky with a white marble bar at the center, a succession of theatrical box seats upholstered in blue velvet and a gold-paneled ceiling. There is also an LED screen integrated into the parquet floor depicting an image of the sky in real time.
Besides boozing up visitors, the lounge offers a nearly 6,000-square-foot wellness area where guests can refresh, relax and recharge before their flight. That’s the largest wellness area of any Air France lounge, including its phenomenal La Première First Class Lounge. It offers features like an “Instant Relaxation” area complete with loungers and La Première-looking mini-suites, and a detox bar serving flavored Evian infusions and detox teas from Palais des Thés.
There are also boudoir-like shower suites and two private saunas.
But if you really want to pamper yourself, you’ll want to take take advantage of the complimentary 20-minute facial treatment at the Clarins spa. Just remember to make a booking as soon as you arrive.
Children, too, will have fun in the new lounge with a dedicated kid’s zone complete with Sony PS4s and other games.
As Europe’s second-busiest airport, premium and elite passengers have a lot to look forward to the next time they travel through CDG. And if you aren’t eligible for lounge access, amenities like the complimentary Clarins spa treatments may help justify paying the ~$53 for a day pass. The lounge is open from 5:30am to 11:30pm daily.
Images courtesy of Air France.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees