This Cathay Pacific Ad Is Every AvGeek
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you the type of person to arrive hours before your flight to savor the entire airport experience? From checking out the different aircraft through the terminal’s windows to stuffing yourself with food and drink at the lounge? If so, you might be an AvGeek.
Cathay Pacific’s new ad “Make Time for The Deck” describes the typical airport experience for many travel nerds. Rushing to the airport to get to the lounge hours early in order to allow for enough time to soak up the entire experience. And when a lounge is good enough, like the Lufthansa first class lounge in Frankfurt, it can be so worth it.
The ad is a promotion for Cathay’s new lounge, The Deck, located in the Hong Kong airport (HKG) that opened Thursday. The Deck includes a noodle bar, eight shower suites, plenty of seating and is open to business and first-class passengers as well as Oneworld elites.
Cathay is known for its fantastic first-class lounges. In the same fashion as the ad, TPG writer Katie Genter arrived at Cathay’s first-class lounge The Pier five hours early to enjoy amenities like complimentary massages and day suites where you can take a nap.
Want to check out a Cathay lounge? You’ll have to be flying in first or business class on the carrier or have Oneworld elite status. Using Alaska miles is the best way to book either Cathay business or first, which goes for either 50,000 to 70,000 miles one-way from the US to Hong Kong.
Featured image by Cathay Pacific / YouTube.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees