This Cathay Pacific Ad Is Every AvGeek
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you the type of person to arrive hours before your flight to savor the entire airport experience? From checking out the different aircraft through the terminal’s windows to stuffing yourself with food and drink at the lounge? If so, you might be an AvGeek.
Cathay Pacific’s new ad “Make Time for The Deck” describes the typical airport experience for many travel nerds. Rushing to the airport to get to the lounge hours early in order to allow for enough time to soak up the entire experience. And when a lounge is good enough, like the Lufthansa first class lounge in Frankfurt, it can be so worth it.
The ad is a promotion for Cathay’s new lounge, The Deck, located in the Hong Kong airport (HKG) that opened Thursday. The Deck includes a noodle bar, eight shower suites, plenty of seating and is open to business and first-class passengers as well as Oneworld elites.
Cathay is known for its fantastic first-class lounges. In the same fashion as the ad, TPG writer Katie Genter arrived at Cathay’s first-class lounge The Pier five hours early to enjoy amenities like complimentary massages and day suites where you can take a nap.
Want to check out a Cathay lounge? You’ll have to be flying in first or business class on the carrier or have Oneworld elite status. Using Alaska miles is the best way to book either Cathay business or first, which goes for either 50,000 to 70,000 miles one-way from the US to Hong Kong.
Featured image by Cathay Pacific / YouTube.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.