This Cathay Pacific Ad Is Every AvGeek
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Are you the type of person to arrive hours before your flight to savor the entire airport experience? From checking out the different aircraft through the terminal’s windows to stuffing yourself with food and drink at the lounge? If so, you might be an AvGeek.
Cathay Pacific’s new ad “Make Time for The Deck” describes the typical airport experience for many travel nerds. Rushing to the airport to get to the lounge hours early in order to allow for enough time to soak up the entire experience. And when a lounge is good enough, like the Lufthansa first class lounge in Frankfurt, it can be so worth it.
The ad is a promotion for Cathay’s new lounge, The Deck, located in the Hong Kong airport (HKG) that opened Thursday. The Deck includes a noodle bar, eight shower suites, plenty of seating and is open to business and first-class passengers as well as Oneworld elites.
Cathay is known for its fantastic first-class lounges. In the same fashion as the ad, TPG writer Katie Genter arrived at Cathay’s first-class lounge The Pier five hours early to enjoy amenities like complimentary massages and day suites where you can take a nap.
Want to check out a Cathay lounge? You’ll have to be flying in first or business class on the carrier or have Oneworld elite status. Using Alaska miles is the best way to book either Cathay business or first, which goes for either 50,000 to 70,000 miles one-way from the US to Hong Kong.
Featured image by Cathay Pacific / YouTube.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees