Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Starts Nov. 8 — Tickets Now On Sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Don’t hate me. I know it’s only April and winter is barely over, but Mickey plans way in advance, and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party dates have been released for 2019 with tickets now on sale. The parties will kick off for the season on November 8 and run on select nights until December 22. For that matter, know that Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party tickets are also already available (and those dates start much sooner on August 16).
If you are only planning to visit Disney World for a couple of days, going to a ticketed Christmas or Halloween party can actually be a cheaper way to visit the Magic Kingdom than single day tickets.
Party ticket prices vary by date, but start at $99 for adults and $94 for kids for Mickey’s Christmas Party and that includes most of the usual attractions plus unique shows, character meetings and even some treats. (If a member of your family has a Disney World annual pass, you can expect to save about $5 per ticket to this event). At the Christmas party, you will find included all-you-can-enjoy sugar cookies, hot chocolate, snow cones, ginger molasses cookies, chilled apple cider and more, so eat a light dinner and save room for dessert.
The reason the Christmas or Halloween party can save you money is you can get into the Magic Kingdom with just a party ticket starting at 4pm, though the party doesn’t officially start until 7pm when those without party wristbands will be asked to leave. The party ticket price is less than a one-day Disney World park ticket, and you have from 4-7pm to enjoy the park as normal (FastPass+ available until 6pm) and during the party, crowds should be much less than usual.
To avoid the busiest party nights, simply choose one of the parties that is priced lower as those are the dates that Disney expects lower demand. We went to the second Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party of the year last November and had a blast. You could say it jump-started our holiday spirit. Mickey’s Christmas Party 2019 dates include:
November: 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24
December: 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22
Should Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween be more your speed, those tickets are less expensive than the Christmas party tickets and start at $79 for adults and $74 for kids, slightly less for those with annual passes.
Party tickets cost more if you buy them day-of and some dates do sell out. If you are thinking of making the trip, here’s how to save money on all things Disney World. Note that Undercover Tourist has slightly discounted Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween tickets available now, but I don’t see the Christmas party tickets on their site just yet. For points earning purposes, buying through Undercover Tourist ensures your purchase will code as a travel charge, as opposed to a likely entertainment charge when buying directly from Disney.
To continue your Disney trip planning:
- How to Save Money at Disney World
- Eating Healthy at Disney World
- Renting Disney Vacation Club Points: Saving Money at Disney
- 10 Best Disney Thrill Rides Around the World
- The Best Points Hotels Near Disney World
- Is Disney Club Level Worth the Extra Cost?
- Ultimate Guide to Disney World
- Review of Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Review of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Review of Disney’s Artist Point — Dinner With Snow White
Images courtesy of author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees