Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Starts Nov. 8 — Tickets Now On Sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Don’t hate me. I know it’s only April and winter is barely over, but Mickey plans way in advance, and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party dates have been released for 2019 with tickets now on sale. The parties will kick off for the season on November 8 and run on select nights until December 22. For that matter, know that Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party tickets are also already available (and those dates start much sooner on August 16).
If you are only planning to visit Disney World for a couple of days, going to a ticketed Christmas or Halloween party can actually be a cheaper way to visit the Magic Kingdom than single day tickets.
Party ticket prices vary by date, but start at $99 for adults and $94 for kids for Mickey’s Christmas Party and that includes most of the usual attractions plus unique shows, character meetings and even some treats. (If a member of your family has a Disney World annual pass, you can expect to save about $5 per ticket to this event). At the Christmas party, you will find included all-you-can-enjoy sugar cookies, hot chocolate, snow cones, ginger molasses cookies, chilled apple cider and more, so eat a light dinner and save room for dessert.
The reason the Christmas or Halloween party can save you money is you can get into the Magic Kingdom with just a party ticket starting at 4pm, though the party doesn’t officially start until 7pm when those without party wristbands will be asked to leave. The party ticket price is less than a one-day Disney World park ticket, and you have from 4-7pm to enjoy the park as normal (FastPass+ available until 6pm) and during the party, crowds should be much less than usual.
To avoid the busiest party nights, simply choose one of the parties that is priced lower as those are the dates that Disney expects lower demand. We went to the second Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party of the year last November and had a blast. You could say it jump-started our holiday spirit. Mickey’s Christmas Party 2019 dates include:
November: 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24
December: 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22
Should Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween be more your speed, those tickets are less expensive than the Christmas party tickets and start at $79 for adults and $74 for kids, slightly less for those with annual passes.
Party tickets cost more if you buy them day-of and some dates do sell out. If you are thinking of making the trip, here’s how to save money on all things Disney World. Note that Undercover Tourist has slightly discounted Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween tickets available now, but I don’t see the Christmas party tickets on their site just yet. For points earning purposes, buying through Undercover Tourist ensures your purchase will code as a travel charge, as opposed to a likely entertainment charge when buying directly from Disney.
To continue your Disney trip planning:
- How to Save Money at Disney World
- Eating Healthy at Disney World
- Renting Disney Vacation Club Points: Saving Money at Disney
- 10 Best Disney Thrill Rides Around the World
- The Best Points Hotels Near Disney World
- Is Disney Club Level Worth the Extra Cost?
- Ultimate Guide to Disney World
- Review of Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Review of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Review of Disney’s Artist Point — Dinner With Snow White
Images courtesy of author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.