Lufthansa reopens first-class lounge in Frankfurt with reduced food and beverage offering
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lufthansa has finally reopened one of its first-class lounges in Frankfurt Airport (FRA).
The German airline’s two first-class lounges in Frankfurt — in Pier A and Pier B — had been closed for the past 12 months, as passenger traffic dropped as a result of the pandemic. In that period, Lufthansa either retired or put into long-term storage a number of aircraft with first-class cabins, further reducing the need for dedicated first-class lounges.
The reopened first-class lounge, located near Gate A13 in the Schengen area of Terminal 1 is now open from 6 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. daily, as first reported by One Mile at a Time. The reopening is a positive step towards the return of increased travel this summer, as Germany reduces its pandemic risk level from “very high” to “high.”
The lounge is available to Lufthansa first-class and Miles & More Hon Circle passengers commencing or transferring onto a Schengen flight in Frankfurt as well as a guest with a same-flight boarding pass.
Unfortunately, the current strict German COVID-19 regulations on food and beverage service mean the lounge experience is restricted and likely disappointing to any passengers hoping to enjoy a relaxing meal in the lounge as they wait for their flight. The lounge is forbidden from serving food and drinks to be consumed in the lounge. Instead, the lounge will offer takeaway items only, which passengers can take with them to eat at the gate or on their flight.
There is still no word on the potential reopening of the spectacular Lufthansa First Class Terminal at Frankfurt. This unique building allows first-class passengers to bypass the regular airport terminal completely and enjoy a luxurious and stress-free experience from check-in through to its own private first-class lounge and boarding, including limousine service from the terminal to the plane.
“Though it’s not yet time, the First Class Terminal will come back,” Bjoern Becker, Lufthansa’s senior director of product management for ground and digital services, told TPG in an exclusive interview in 2020.
The third Lufthansa first-class Frankfurt lounge in Pier B, Terminal 1 between gates B22 and B24 also remains closed until further notice.
Featured image by Ben Smithson/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees