Lufthansa Provides a Sneak Peek of Upcoming Boeing 777X Business Cabin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 9/24/2018: Lufthansa has confirmed to TPG that some of the renderings in this post are general equipment variants used by Boeing. Lufthansa’s renderings can be found here.
2020 sure sounds like the future, but in airline years, that’s just around the bend. Last year, Lufthansa teased AvGeeks far and wide with a glimpse inside of its upcoming Boeing 777X. Now, we’re being treated to a revised set of images, which detail a fair amount of refinement in the business cabin.
In addition to an onboard bar, the new photos showcase a mixed 1-1-1 and 1-2-1 business cabin, with seats that extend up to 86.8″ when converted to lie-flat mode.
Direct aisle access will be possible from front to rear, and it appears that Android-based tablets will be included to control the in-flight entertainment system, one’s seating position and lighting/ventilation.
Good news for those with smartphones that support the Qi wireless charging standard: Much like the center console in newer vehicles, each seat onboard will rejuvenate your phone just by making contact.
The 777X is said to also feature “the lower cabin pressurization and high humidity of the 787,” which should provide for a healthier, more comfortable ride. Sadly, the treatment shown here won’t be retrofitted into other planes; rather, it’ll be exclusive to the carrier’s 777X.
Lufthansa’s first-class seats are already legendary, but once this aircraft enters service, we suspect points and miles aficionados will bump its business-class seats up in priority on the must-fly list.
Featured image courtesy of Lufthansa.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees