Lufthansa Provides a Sneak Peek of Upcoming Boeing 777X Business Cabin
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 9/24/2018: Lufthansa has confirmed to TPG that some of the renderings in this post are general equipment variants used by Boeing. Lufthansa’s renderings can be found here.
2020 sure sounds like the future, but in airline years, that’s just around the bend. Last year, Lufthansa teased AvGeeks far and wide with a glimpse inside of its upcoming Boeing 777X. Now, we’re being treated to a revised set of images, which detail a fair amount of refinement in the business cabin.
In addition to an onboard bar, the new photos showcase a mixed 1-1-1 and 1-2-1 business cabin, with seats that extend up to 86.8″ when converted to lie-flat mode.
Direct aisle access will be possible from front to rear, and it appears that Android-based tablets will be included to control the in-flight entertainment system, one’s seating position and lighting/ventilation.
Good news for those with smartphones that support the Qi wireless charging standard: Much like the center console in newer vehicles, each seat onboard will rejuvenate your phone just by making contact.
The 777X is said to also feature “the lower cabin pressurization and high humidity of the 787,” which should provide for a healthier, more comfortable ride. Sadly, the treatment shown here won’t be retrofitted into other planes; rather, it’ll be exclusive to the carrier’s 777X.
Lufthansa’s first-class seats are already legendary, but once this aircraft enters service, we suspect points and miles aficionados will bump its business-class seats up in priority on the must-fly list.
Featured image courtesy of Lufthansa.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.