This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lufthansa has an excellent reputation for its first-class service and cabin, but its current business-class seat is a little closer to average. It’s a good lie-flat product, but slightly behind the times with a dense 2x2x2 configuration.
However, on Thursday Lufthansa teased us with a small glimpse of the future. It released on social media a pair of renderings of its brand new business-class seat and cabin:
Every seat in the new Lufthansa business class will have direct aisle access, a major improvement over the current cabin. Seats will be arranged in an alternating 1x1x1 and 1x2x1 configuration. The 1x1x1 rows will have a “throne” seat in the middle of the cabin, which looks incredibly spacious in the renderings with a massive amount of working space.
Additionally, the rows that have two seats in the middle will be appropriate for couples traveling together, though it’ll be difficult to get cozy with each other given the separation between the seats.
But the difference in cabin density between the old layout and the new one is striking — you can see it very clearly when you compare the renderings above to a photo of the current business class configuration on Lufthansa’s A350 planes below:
The only bad news is that the new business-class product isn’t expected to be rolled out until 2020, arriving first on Lufthansa’s 777X aircraft. So we’ll have to wait eagerly for a few more years before we get a chance to try these new seats.
H/T: Wandering Aramean
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees