This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lufthansa has an excellent reputation for its first-class service and cabin, but its current business-class seat is a little closer to average. It’s a good lie-flat product, but slightly behind the times with a dense 2x2x2 configuration.
However, on Thursday Lufthansa teased us with a small glimpse of the future. It released on social media a pair of renderings of its brand new business-class seat and cabin:
Every seat in the new Lufthansa business class will have direct aisle access, a major improvement over the current cabin. Seats will be arranged in an alternating 1x1x1 and 1x2x1 configuration. The 1x1x1 rows will have a “throne” seat in the middle of the cabin, which looks incredibly spacious in the renderings with a massive amount of working space.
Additionally, the rows that have two seats in the middle will be appropriate for couples traveling together, though it’ll be difficult to get cozy with each other given the separation between the seats.
But the difference in cabin density between the old layout and the new one is striking — you can see it very clearly when you compare the renderings above to a photo of the current business class configuration on Lufthansa’s A350 planes below:
The only bad news is that the new business-class product isn’t expected to be rolled out until 2020, arriving first on Lufthansa’s 777X aircraft. So we’ll have to wait eagerly for a few more years before we get a chance to try these new seats.
H/T: Wandering Aramean
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards