This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lufthansa has an excellent reputation for its first-class service and cabin, but its current business-class seat is a little closer to average. It’s a good lie-flat product, but slightly behind the times with a dense 2x2x2 configuration.
However, on Thursday Lufthansa teased us with a small glimpse of the future. It released on social media a pair of renderings of its brand new business-class seat and cabin:
Every seat in the new Lufthansa business class will have direct aisle access, a major improvement over the current cabin. Seats will be arranged in an alternating 1x1x1 and 1x2x1 configuration. The 1x1x1 rows will have a “throne” seat in the middle of the cabin, which looks incredibly spacious in the renderings with a massive amount of working space.
Additionally, the rows that have two seats in the middle will be appropriate for couples traveling together, though it’ll be difficult to get cozy with each other given the separation between the seats.
But the difference in cabin density between the old layout and the new one is striking — you can see it very clearly when you compare the renderings above to a photo of the current business class configuration on Lufthansa’s A350 planes below:
The only bad news is that the new business-class product isn’t expected to be rolled out until 2020, arriving first on Lufthansa’s 777X aircraft. So we’ll have to wait eagerly for a few more years before we get a chance to try these new seats.
H/T: Wandering Aramean
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees