First Look: Lufthansa’s New Business Class Seats Look Incredibly Spacious
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lufthansa has an excellent reputation for its first-class service and cabin, but its current business-class seat is a little closer to average. It’s a good lie-flat product, but slightly behind the times with a dense 2x2x2 configuration.
However, on Thursday Lufthansa teased us with a small glimpse of the future. It released on social media a pair of renderings of its brand new business-class seat and cabin:
Every seat in the new Lufthansa business class will have direct aisle access, a major improvement over the current cabin. Seats will be arranged in an alternating 1x1x1 and 1x2x1 configuration. The 1x1x1 rows will have a “throne” seat in the middle of the cabin, which looks incredibly spacious in the renderings with a massive amount of working space.
Additionally, the rows that have two seats in the middle will be appropriate for couples traveling together, though it’ll be difficult to get cozy with each other given the separation between the seats.
But the difference in cabin density between the old layout and the new one is striking — you can see it very clearly when you compare the renderings above to a photo of the current business class configuration on Lufthansa’s A350 planes below:
The only bad news is that the new business-class product isn’t expected to be rolled out until 2020, arriving first on Lufthansa’s 777X aircraft. So we’ll have to wait eagerly for a few more years before we get a chance to try these new seats.
H/T: Wandering Aramean
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.